Carnival Miracle Cruise Review

Another Great Miracle Cruise

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Cruisen Bill

• Sail Date: Feb 2012
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean

We arrived at the port around noon and being Platinum cruisers were able to enter through the VIP section. This gets you on the ship in about 20 minutes. We had cruised the Miracle several times in the past and were impressed by the recent sprucing that it had gone through O in January.

We are very laid back and try to be understanding of any and all of the shortcomings that come with cruising.

The food was good, but not great. They have changed up the look of the menu, but not so much the food. We eat all of our meals in the dining room and enjoyed them all. They do need to expand their menu a little.

We always try to have at least one meal at the steakhouse. This was a treat, but was a little disappointed to see the Porterhouse not on the menu.

We had a great waiter (Luna) and his staff.

The room was an inside cabin on deck 6. We were surprised how roomy it was. Our cabin steward was excellent. (I have to say, that in 29 cruises, I have never seen a bad one, these people earn their money)

The evening entertainment was very good in spots and ss-so in others. Their revue shows are excellent and I enjoyed some of the comedy club shows. I was dissappointed to see that they consider the marriage game to be a nights entertainment. We have been cruising for 31 years and they have asked the same raunchy questions for almost the whole period. When you look to see that probably 70% of the passengers were return travelers, you would think they could come up with something new. Also, the Legends concert on the final night of cruising is getting very old. It is sad when you have to watch Karaoke or non professional entertainers (especially on the final night). This is really getting old.

We did our usual shopping in the ports (having toured these ports in the past). St. Maarten and St. Kitts are very good shopping ports. St. Lucia has very little to offer.

I was impressed at how Carnival handled an emergency when a passenger had to be air lifted off the ship and taken to San Juan. They showed that the passenger safety was most important to them. Unfortunately, the word got around that the passenger did not survive.

It was interesting in the casino, where if you amass 1500 point via slot machines, you were given free drinks when gambling. The only problem was that once I reached that total, I rarely saw the bar staff.

The cruise director was good as well as some of his staff. I noted that one individual was not very experience and due to her heavy accent could not be understood. This was especially noticeable at the trivia games she ran.

Due to the emergency, we were a couple of hours late getting into Fort Lauderdale. The disembarkation went very smoothly. If anything, Carnival has learned how to get people on and off their ships in good fashion.

All in all, it was a fun and relaxing cruise.

Cruisen Bill's Full Rating Summary

Cabin 4F 6271

We stayed in an inside cabin on deck 6 (6271). Having had this type of cabin before, we were very surprised at the layout of the room and how much more space it had from others we had stayed in. Both my wife and I remarked positively on how diffent and roomy it was.

Cruisen Bill