Eurodam Cruise Review by delgados129
- Sail Date: February 2012
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
* Will probably cruise with them again.
* The medium sized ship was not crowded. Passenger to staff ratio was very good.
* Food was very good to outstanding: Very good in main dinning/buffet...Excellent in Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill. Wine selections were a bit pricey (purchased wine almost every night) but provided high quality and value.
* Nice upgrade on accommodations after booking though Costco.
* Staff service was excellent...they're very proud of their craft.
* The classical music and solo guitar entertainment were fantastic...made for a very classy/sophisticated experience.
* The Mainstage shows were very good along with the professional magician who was very entertaining and really engaged the audience. I would recommend music selections be updated a bit with classy Motown selections (Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, etc.) and include more improvisations when using the onstage band. This is obviously not possible with performances that use as soundtrack.
*Ports of call were OK. Docking at Crown Bay in Virgin Islands was a bit of a hassle to get to the main part of town. We opted instead to ferry to Water Island and spend a day on Honeymoon beach.
*Overall, we felt like we got an excellent value for our cruise dollars; meals, service, accommodations and all.
TV could have a better selection of programming for news outlets...no business news like Bloomberg, CNBC or Fox Business network. While at sea, we caught up on a few movies with the free DVD rentals.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Grand TurkThe main cruise designated beach was a nice relaxing place. There's another secluded beach one can walk along, but the local government should do a better job of removing washed up debris from this area since it is included on the ship guide for guests that want to take a long walk/hike.View All 1,747 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
San JuanBeen to San Juan before, so we just walked along the path below the El Moro port and visited the churches and squares in town.View All 3,095 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
Beach BreakBeen to St. Thomas before so we took the Water Island Ferry to Honeymoon Beach. Nice relaxing time on a non-commercial part of the islands.View All 199 Beach Break Reviews