Statendam Cruise Review

Statendam Cruise Review by mad101

• Sail Date: Dec 2011
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite

This is just going to be a short tale, but we travelled with our teen age daughter on the Christmas cruise and we all had such a fantastic incredible relaxing time. The only bad thing was the end of the cruise we had to get off and say goodbye to the wonderful new people we met which included fellow passengers and staff and crew.

I had read a few negative reviews about this ship and was slightly hesitant, but trust me it is a grand old ship and it is a credit to the Captain, Officers, Staff and Crew that keep her in tip top shape.

Only thing I would say that if you are travelling with children the families seem to go on this ship at holiday seasons and the other times it is a much more older demographic age group. I am in my mid forties and I would be considered the youngest. But don't be to worried the HAL have a fantastic set up for children and all travelling passengers.

Ports we visited : Puerto Vallarta, Huatulco,Guatemala, Nicaragua,Costa Rica and Cartagena. Some we loved and some were not to my liking but that is a personal choice each person has their own opinion.

I just want to say a special thank you to the people who looked after us at the Concierge desk, the spa and salon and we mainly ate the Pinnacle and then the people at the crows nest. Also to our wonderful room attendants. Also the cruise director was very entertaining.

We are now looking at a European Cruise with Holland.

It was a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

mad101's Full Rating Summary

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SA 020

Fantastic location right across from Neptune Lounge. Spacious room even when sofa bed out as we were a family of three. Substantial wardrobes and drawers for clothing and storage of suitcases etc, I know as I don't travel light eg a bag for shoes etc. Huge balcony table chairs and two deck chairs with privacy. No noise level from decks above or from rooms. Would highly recommend this room for location and convenience, especially for that coffee in the morning. It was also nice to have that extra space of a dressing room with seating and mirror and another hand basin.

mad101