3. Norwegian Epic
Flew in a day early as usual, and had a smooth enbarkation. By the way, we have found that the best way to go between Ft Lauderdale and Miami is to rent a Dollar Rent a car. They will pick you up at the airport, or cruise port, and drop you at the cruise ports. We do back to backs, sometimes one Mia and one FLL so it works for us. Our cabin was a shock. For a new ship to have such a poor layout we were amazed. We also didnt like hearing every footstep on the staircase beside our cabin, and sometimes overhead. Food was very good; we ate only once in the one where I had to wear slacks, and the rest of dinners in "Taste" with the same menu. Dining rooms were very plain compared to other ships we've sailed on. We really enjoyed the crazy Blue Man Group, and went twice without reservations. We were not crazy about Legends, as we have no association with Steve Tyler or Lady Ga Ga, and I didnt think Elvis was very good but my wife did. There was even more of an effort than usual to force you to walk thru the casino. To get from our cabin on 13 to Taste, we had to go to 6,and take an escalator in the middle of the casino to 5. I may have the floors mixed up but it was crazy. The last straw for us with NCL was seeing on our final statement that we had nonrefundable shipboard credits of $150, that could not be used toward gratuities. When we booked a "Next Cruise" on our previous NCL cruise, the Next Cruise promo said use the shipboard credit for anything on board, just as we had before. When I talked to the front desk they offered to remove the gratuities and cheat their help out of them, but would not make an exception to this new policy that changed the week before we sailed. There will be no "Next Cruise" for us on NCL. Cruzcruzcruz

OUR LAST NCL CRUISE