This is our 13th cruise, but the first for our travelling companions. I don't think we could have asked for a better experience for them on their first outing. The food, service and entertainment was outstanding. Holland America has, in my opinion, returned to what they do best. Unobtrusive yet unsurpassed service, fine dining with plenty of options, and a Ship as beautifully maintained as any I have been on in the past. Anyone who could complain about 10 glorious days aboard would really have to be difficult to please. While some of the ports were lacking (St. Thomas is great if you like shopping, I guess) others more than made up for it (Dominica - sheer beauty in nature) and Half Moon Cay (what a beach). We both had Outside Obstructed View Cabins, perfect for us as the only time we were in them was when sleeping. DVD Players in every cabin, and free DVD's on loan from a surprisingly extensive library. New to us was the "Happy Hour", rotating nightly through most Bar's (5-6 Crows Nest, 7-8 Ocean Bar, 9-10 Piano Bar etc). Buy one drink, get one for A DOLLAR! KEEP THAT UP, HAL :) We all attended the "Chef's Table" ($79 and worth every penny for wine lovers). 7 Courses and Wine Paring served to a limited group of 20 Guests in the Culinary Arts Center, perpared by the head chef and hosted by the Sommelier. Attended all the cast shows. Cast was amazing, and shows were really well done. All the singers and dancers were very talented. Can't wait for our next cruise on one of those 'Dam ships!

The Awesome Noordam

Noordam Cruise Review by robandcurtis

• Sail Date: January 2012
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Can't wait for our next cruise on one of those 'Dam ships!
robandcurtis’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin HH 4059
Good size, very quiet. We never spend much time in the cabin, and when we do we are asleep. For the money, you can't beat the outside obstructed. Lots of light, you can see the weather outside. If you want to sit outside, join the folks on deck. More chance to people watch and enjoy the beautiful Noordam.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins