3. Caribbean Princess
I felt I needed to write this review, because before I booked our cruise I was searching everyway to find out how other people felt about Princess Cruise lines. If you are looking for a quite time with not alot of kids and an older bunch of cruisers this is definatly a good cruise for you. There were a few younger people on board, but not alot. The Caribbean Princess is in good shape overall, they up keep on the ship is excellent. The only thing that I truely noticed was the bed linens should be changed out and also the mattress, they are ok but a little firm for my liking. The personal on the ship is excellent, from the waiters (Joaquin and Nemesio you are the best) to the cruise directors (Andrew,Ti,Sydney,CJ,Armando)they always have a smile on their faces and always seem to know who you are, even though there are 3200 people on the ship. The only thing to be wary of is the spa, I made my appointment on line 3 months prior to sailing for a massage at a specific time which was confirmed on the 1st day of sailing, was changed with out asking and was TOLD to come at a later time. This was unacceptable to me in which I told the spa manager so, and I graciously asked to either have my confirmed time back or I would like to cancel all together, he was very rude to me and told me that he would give me my time back that was confirmed in the first place even though he had to "upset 5 other people to accommodate me", needless to say it was the worst massage I have every had. The food was awesome, we ate in the dining room (palm) each and every evening and for the most part in the buffet for breakfast. The pizza and burgers at poolside were also very good. We took excursions in St.Maarteen,St.Lucia,Aruba, no problems with them. Did not like Grenada at all, people very forceful and in your face trying to get you to either buy something or take you somewhere for a fee. The casino, typical casino, did not win anything, they did have two nights that were smoke free in there, nice! Overall I would recommend this cruise if you like a more layed back feel with not a lot of nighttime excitement, by 11:00p most people were asleep. The entertainment on the ship is very bad, they need to update this immediately. The only good show was the comedian, he was funny and yet very clean, not vulgar language and obscene gestures.

Southern Caribbean

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by pschef

pschef’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabin R608
We were on the Rivera deck which is 14 mid ship, the room was very nice but the only thing I did not like was that you could smell the food cooking from deck 15 which was the buffet. They need a better ventelation system.
  Caribbean Princess Deck Plans