3. Norwegian Epic
We have been on many cruises over the years and went on the Epic with friends who wanted to try it. I had heard weird things about the cabin layout and having been on other NCL ships didn't think the food would be too good. So I went along mainly to be with our friends. But we ended loving the ship and wanting to do it again! The cabins are very narrow and the bathroom unusual but you get used to it very quickly and it actually facilitated getting dressed as I could use the toilet or sink while my husband showered. The balcony was a nice size. The food was much better than expected. The Manhattan Room had music and you could dance during dinner which was very nice. We only went to one "extra cost" restaurant - Teppanyaki - because the food was so good in the free restaurants. We ate in the buffet for most breakfasts and lunches and never had a problem finding six seats together, which is pretty unusual if you have cruised alot. We also had no problem finding 6 lounges together in the shade by the pool even on sea days. That was unexpected as well. There were many choices at the buffet and the food was very good. The Blue Man Group and the Cirque show are an absolute must see. Our seats for the Cirque were so good you could almost touch the amazing performers. If you are over 60 you might not appreciate the "Legends". That was the only disappointment we had all week. We loved the idea that there were so many choices after dinner, not just a production show as on most ships. We enjoyed the Howl at the Moon, the Jazz Club and the Second City Comedy.The crew was exceptionally friendly from the waiters to the cabin stewards. All in all we loved the Epic.

Pleasantly surprised by Epic