3. Carnival Magic
This was my first experience on a large ship. It was also the first time I was told more than once that we had 4500 passengers on board as a reason things were done as they were done. Not an excuse in my estimation. I am not a person that complains about anything much on cruises, but I was very disappointed in this "new" ships layout and how some things were handled. The look of the ship was excellent. It should look nice and clean because it's new. The staff and service on board were excellent. No complaints about any of that. My question is "who in world designed this ship and what were they thinking?" There are two decks where everything is located; Deck 10 and Deck 5. The main pool areas are located on deck 10. There are 8 hot tubs on this ship and none in the main pool area. Four are located on deck 10 and upper and 4 on deck 5. The ones on deck 5 you have to walk through the casino to get to. Not very what I wanted to do in my bathing suit. The theater does not accommodate the number on passengers on board. Not even in two shows. It's very small and uncomfortable. Don't sit in the balcony...the seats sit straight up and your knees touch the seat snugly in front of you. No room to put your legs. In the lobby area a band plays to the elevators. The singers sang and played everyday to the elevators. There was a huge dance floor but people did not feel it was a very inviting place to hang out because no one ever was there very much. A wasted space. Deck 5 is the other deck where everything else is located. You can walk from the theater to the dining rooms with the rest in between. The problem is around the Atrium area there was never any room to walk because all of the shops had all of their stuff piled up outside. Not a good flow You could not use the sauna or the steam room unless you paid for it. On most ships this is free. The Serenity adult area on an upper deck forward was extremely windy and the water from the hot tubs would blow up in your face. The Red Tree Frog Pub was innovative. The beer was good. The Waterworks area for kids is awesome on this ship. Also a large basketball court and putt putt gold course. There is also a neat ropes course that all enjoyed. We loved the Anytime Dining options as well. Happy Sailing!

The Carnival Magic...a new ship that was disappointing.

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by twostepmomma

My question is "who in world designed this ship and what were they thinking?"
There are two decks where everything is located; Deck 10 and Deck 5.

The Red Tree Frog Pub was innovative. The beer was good.

We loved the Anytime Dining options as well.

Happy Sailing!