• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

TraceyP
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2012
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1C

My first time on the Solstice, or any of her class. I have been on the Millennium class several times (5), and on the Century. I've also tried Carnival, Holland America, and Royal Caribbean.

We booked this cruise at the last minute after booking the Solstice for New Zealand and Australia in January 2013. I couldn't wait that long to cruise and the price was right.

We flew from San Diego to Miami the day before the cruise. No issues. We stayed at the Marriott Courtyard near MIA. Nice hotel. We went to dinner at Versailles and enjoyed some great Cuban food. Picked up a couple bottles of wine at a local store for the trip (which all turned out a bit off).

Deluxe Veranda 1C

Cabin 1C

Port Reviews

Roatan

In Roatan we did a private excursion with Rony's Tours to the South Shore Ziplines and Mahogony Bay Beach. Rony set us up with Norbert who took us to South Shore for ziplining and stayed with us the rest of the day. Norbert took good care of us. We really enjoyed the zipline--our first time. It was not scary at all once we got there and started. The beach was also great. Such wonderful snorkeling there right off the beach (start in front of Infinity Bay Resort). We had lunch and enjoyed the beach at Bananarama. One note of caution--the waitress added a $5 service charge for the kitchen and other staff, but said gratuity for her was "optional." I think we were taken on that one, but I didn't argue. We paid the extra $5 plus tipped her.

1 Helpful Vote