3. Navigator of the Seas
The entertainment aboard this ship is topnotch. We saw a group named Your Three Tenors and wish that their show was longer than an hour. Don't miss this if you have the opportunity. There was also a professional dance team from the Ukraine who were wonderful. They taught a Cha Cha class later in the cruise and were quite fun. I still don't know how they can move like that! The comic/magician was very funny but I don't remember his name. The food aboard this ship is also very good. This is our 11th cruise and we typically tire of the cuisine in the dining room. This food was good enough to keep us coming back. We had My Time dining and it is best to make a reservation to avoid the lines. With a reservation we were seated within 5 minutes of arriving at the restaurant. Our cabin stewart was efficient and honored our requests. The room was always clean and welcoming, and I think the storage on this ship is slightly larger than that we have had on Princess ships, Carnival and Disney, and the RCI Brilliance of the Seas. One swimming pool area was for families and could get quite loud as there were a number of children on this cruise. For a little more quiet head to the solarium type swimming pool. This isn't as welcoming as it is a closed roof area but it definitely is lower on the Richter scale of noise. We were always able to find deck chairs available no matter what time of day we looked for them. We did not get off the ship at Cozumel or Grand Cayman. The latter was a blessing as high swells delayed the tenders and other passengers were not able to get to their shore excursions on time. We talked to one family who missed their trip to Sting Ray City because of this and were very disappointed. We took the Dunn's Falls Express in Falmouth, Jamaica. Imagine 5 cruise ships of people all trying to get up the falls at once! We were instructed to separate into groups of about 15 people, and then to hold hands with the people front and back of us. We then started up the falls. The rocks are uneven and it is impossible to know if one will be stepping onto a rock or into a hole while streams of water are rushing into people. Our advice is to step gingerly to avoid a broken leg or twisted ankle! Some of the rocks are easily a two foot step up. It would be much easier to climb up the falls if one wasn't holding hands in a long chain of people. I am averagely athletic for a 60 year old woman but trying to step up 2+ feet with water rushing against and around me, and no ability to use my hands, is difficult. The man in front of me needed to give me a helping hand often in the lower (and more steep) section of the falls, and my husband literally pulled the woman behind him up the falls. The upper falls are easier and we were allowed to scramble up ourselves--much easier. The falls are lovely and it would have been quite pleasant to just sit at the top and enjoy the experience but one is herded back to the tour buses much too soon to return to the ship. In Labadee, Haiti we took the one hour catamaran which gave us an opportunity to see more of the island. This was enjoyable. RCI has really developed this island to the point that they have a zipline and a roller coaster type of ride. There are numerous beach areas and it is possible to get shade. This was an enjoyable day. The Navigator of the Seas is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed the promenade area where there are shows and the captains night entertainment. It is very clean and the staff are welcoming. All in all I would recommend this ship and this itinerary for those who would like to kick back and relax, and for those who want adventure.

Relaxing time in the Caribbean