3. Carnival Pride
This is the second time we've been on this cruise. We like the fact that we can drive from our home in upstate NY to the port of Baltimore and save the cost of airfare. Since we booked the same cruise again, we obviously liked it the first time. The ship is beautiful and the service and quality of the on-board experience is wonderful. The entertainment was great, the shows we saw were top-notch and the comedians were hilarious. The food was good and quality of the dining room service was mostly wonderful. Our only issue was the our primary waiter seemed a little distracted most of the time. My wife is picky about how she likes her food and he got it wrong once. Our waiter (Jose was his name) shared the duty with two other servers and they got everything right and were very friendly. This seemed to counteract the issue we had with our primary waiter. This was really the only issue we had and to us, it wasn't a huge issue, overall, the food and the service were great. The meals and snacks in the self-service dining room were great also. Variety and quality overall were good. My only complaint about this dining room is that it's hard to find a table and certain times of the day. Entertainment was great, we participated in a game show (similar to the newlywed game) and that was a lot of fun. Our cabin steward was a ninja, he could clean the room so fast we never even noticed he was there. The towel animals were amazing, I give these guys a lot of credit for these. Our steward also took the time to learn the names of every one of his guests and called me by my name when we saw me. I think this is nice touch to take the time to learn the names of the individuals he's taking care of. The cabin was nice. This was an ocean view cabin on the lowest deck. We booked rather late, so this was the only option. Not a problem though, the layout and size were the same as the balcony room we had the last time. My wife got a great view of the pilot boat from out window when we left Freeport, it was inches from the window! Overall, I'd recommend this cruise for couples or for families, plenty to do for all. We plan on going again next year around the same time and hopefully bringing a large group of family and friends with us!

Carnvial Pride - 1/22/12

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by fair28

fair28’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1237
This room was nice. The room layout and size was exactly the same as the balcony room we had last year. Plenty of room for the two of us. My wife got a great view of the pilot boat when we left Freeport as the hatch where the pilot jumped from our ship to the pilot boat was right below our cabin. We were a little worried about the noise level when we checked the location (it's near the galley), but, there was no noise issue at all, the galley is on the other side of the ship and we could not hear it at all. Closet space was fine, we were very satisfied with this room.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins