As this was our first cruise I had nothing to judge it against. We were both somewhat dubious what to expect as my wife and I both like to relax on holiday but like to 'dress up' for formal occasions. It turned out that cruising was the idea option. Boarding Embarkation at Dover was extremely easy. Hardly any wait time and were kept informed about what to do and what was happening. As soon as we reached our room suitcases arrived. Room The room was very comfortable if what 'snug'. A large, uninterrupted view, window was an unexpected bonus. When booking always check what your view will be. Single beds very comfortable. Bathroom, again snug, but clean and functional. I would not describe the accommodation as luxury but certainly comfortable. Ship Staff The ship's staff were always very friendly and accommodating. Food Food, in my humble opinion, was very good. Several seasoned passengers thought it was not up to the standard of lines such as P&O but we both thought it was very good - excellent. Would definitely rate at 4* Entertainment Probably the poorest part of the cruise. The lounge is very small, furniture unsuitable and uncomfortable. Entertainers were of holiday camp standard - certainly not West End! Excursions Due to the size of the ship our mooring points were always within easy walk of the nearest town. We saved a lot of money by going D.I.Y. They only excursions were in St Petersburg. Disembarkation As easy as boarding. A half hour wait in a lounge but once moving, very quick and the collection of luggage was very slick Overall An excellent introduction to cruising and extremely good value for money

Fred Oulsen - Braemar St Petersburg

Braemar Cruise Review by Mike

• Sail Date: September 2011
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Superior Twin Outside

Boarding

Room

Ship Staff
The ship's staff were always very friendly and accommodating.

Food

Excursions

Disembarkation

Overall
An excellent introduction to cruising and extremely good value for money

Mike’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Twin Outside
Cabin B
B - Superior Outside Cabin. Comfortable but not spacious. Very good view but similar cabins had restricted views. Hallway very quiet, our locations are near engine shafts and seemed noisy.
  Braemar Deck Plans