3. Disney Wonder
We were so excited to go with our kids and family to a Disney Cruise as we had heard good things about it. However, we were extremely disappointed. First, the cabin smelled like sewage, particularly the toilet. Disney Wonder is a relatively old ship, so I was not that surprised. However, one or two hours after entering the cruise, our entire floor started to smell like diesel fuel. It was pretty bad and I called reception. They said that this is normal and will go away. Luckily, it did go away, but I did have a headache for a few hours. Our room was a inside standard room, so pretty small. We had our two kids with us, so that made it worse. My recommendation is that you get at least a Deluxe room if you want to fit 4 people in it (2 adults and 2 kids). I don't know if it was because of spring break, but the ship was extremely crowded. There was even a wait list for the buffet (which is by the way not a 24 hour buffet, like many other cruises). You even had to wait in line to get to your assigned/reserved table. The food selection overall was mediocre. I think you'll find it difficult to find something good to eat, unless you like burgers, hot dogs, pizza, and cold sandwiches. The kid pool was also too crowded, I was afraid my kid would get trampled over as she didn't know how to swim. The slide was kind of nice, but you typically had to wait 15-20 minutes until it was your turn. Also, they have no life guards, so you have to watch your kids all the time. But here comes the worst part. After the second day, one by one, every member in my family got a nasty stomach flu. It's not fun having everybody sick, including your little 2 and 5 year old ones at the same time. I guess they don't clean the rooms that well as we saw others who had stomach flu as well. The medical staff was not that helpful. All they did was "confine" you to the room for several days due to government regulations. This was the worst part of the entire cruise, it just ruined everything. We also "lost" a few things. My wife forgot her purse in the hallway for about 10 minutes. We went to find it and it was gone! Stolen! We never got it back. Also, at the end, my newly bought perfume was stolen from my luggage! I'm not sure who took it, but I suspect it was the room cleaner. After all the mess we made, may be he wanted to have some extra "tip". The best part of the cruise is their younger kids activity room. They had a friendly staff that kept my 5 year old entertained all day. One time she stayed there until 10PM! She didn't want to leave. They also have a babysitting room for <3 year olds. It's not free though. Nevertheless, overall it was a horrible experience. The stomach flu really did it for us. It has become a family joke for us. Whenever we think of going on vacation, we joke "let's go on a Disney cruise!"

Horrible, from beginning to end

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by mazi

• Sail Date: March 2011
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Standard Inside Stateroom

However, we were extremely disappointed.

mazi’s Full Rating Summary