3. Carnival Triumph
We began our cruise with a 5 hr. delay to board due to fog in Galveston. While we were not thrilled at the delay, it is just one of those things that happen, and we knew it couldn't be helped. However, it seemed to be a portent of things to come. First let me reassure everyone that the crew was terrific. They were friendly, courteous, helpful, and everything we could possibly want. They treated everyone I saw with equal warmth... every crew person I came in contact with in any way tried to predict and fulfill our needs and wants. Even the Captain was warm, friendly, and seemingly had all the time in the world to spend with each passenger he met. We had been told the ship was "old." Well on our deck that was pretty obvious. Horrible odor in the forward starboard hall during the entire cruise, details ragged, etc. We had a handicapped cabin right at the front that accommodated both my hubby and I (and we are large people) and our walkers with room to spare. Bug the "temperature control" did not control...we froze if we weren't under the covers. Should have taken sweaters and wool slacks to wear in the cabin. But I guess the biggest disappointment was the food in general. For breakfast you had the choice of going to the aft dining room (Paris) for small portions poorly presented, or the "buffet" on the Lido deck with the wet slippery deck around the pool. The Lido (South Beach Club)food was hard to figure out. At times it was like it had been tossed together, at others the presentation of the buffet was lovely..just not very tasty. Our first cruise was in 2006 aboard Norwegian's Dream on one of her last trips out of Houston. We loved every thing about that cruise!People, food, excursions, shopping, even the casinos were right at the top of any list.To end this epistle, I have to rate this ship no better than a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being tops. Again, though, Kudos to all the crew. A special toast to the folks helping disembarking. We went from ship to curb in less than 30 minutes!!!

Disappointment

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by genbug2k

genbug2k’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 6205
Handicapped room was large, had three closets for the two of us. Large bathroom by cruise ship standards. Somewhat noisy at times since we were at the very front of the ship. Awful odor in halls seemed to come out of employee access doors.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins