3. Norwegian Jade

As someone who suffers terrible pain through certain foods I was grateful to Anil the Maitre De who ensured my food was prepared totally gluten and lactose free. His staff cooked gluten free cookies and blueberry muffins which was above my expectations. The restaurant staff in the Grand Pacifica restaurant were so attentive and friendly it was a pleasure to be served by them.

The varied selection of food served throughout the ship was plentiful. Ice cream on tap all day.

Communication between all departments was faultless. Even our bottle of champaign managed to find itself to our table no matter which restaurant we ate it.

Our cabin (11004)was spacious light bright clean and comfortable. The soundproofing was very good. We had a mini suite which housed a large bed and a double sofa bed which was really comfy. Room service was efficient as was the Jongie the steward. The full bath was a welcome surprise with plenty of hot water.

*Tip - its worth asking at reception for an upgrade to a mini suite. Some guests only had to pay a supplement of $95. Well worth it.

I loved the sea water pool (heated) and the hot powerful jacuzzis. Great first thing in the morning before they get busy.

*Tip - Dont be a sheep - make the most of meal times at the pool when it goes quiet as most guests follow each other into the restaurants/cafes to eat. Theres no need as foods available all day.

The entertainment was my least fave part of the cruise,other than a show called ELEMENTS which was stunning.

**Points of awareness: 18% surcharge on most purchases (drinks, spa treatments etc); *photographers tripping me up at almost every corner; * There is only a coffee machine and no kettle in the room and so if like me you prefer to drink hot water or tea it can be a faff rinsing the jugs out to remove the taste of coffee.Maybe a mini jug or element would be useful.* Taxi from airport to port (26 euros) is cheaper than transfer - and you dont have to wait around.

Finally. It is not compulsory to pay the automatically added daily gratuities charge. Whilst we found the service faultless, the ship clean and the food wonderful, i personally like the option to choose who and how i tip. I requested half of the amount back, then tipped those i felt made my trip special.

Food glorious food

sidtsara ross’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11004

11004. Great location close to spa/fitness. No noise. Full bath. Light, bright, spacious.

Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins