3. Norwegian Jewel
This was the first cruise that either of us have taken. I guess we will take it step by step Embarkation: We arrived at the port at about 1130. We had booked a suite and in turn got to go through the VIP check in and got a welcome lunch in Cagney's. We had been seated in Cagney's by 12. By 1:30-2 we were able to get into our room. Room: As stated we were in a Suite, which was located on the bow of the boat. The room was awesome. This suite has a king sized bed, a lounge area with couch and chair, and a dining area with a table. The closet has ample space for storage. the draws could be a little bigger but it worked. The bathroom has a actual bath as well as a separate room in the bath for the toilet. The best was as comfortable as any bed I've slept on and plenty of pillows. The suite as a mini-bar (can be a little pricy). My favorite thing is the coffee machine. This machine make the best coffee I have ever had (its like a grind and brew kurreg machine) Our butler Nelson introduced himself promptly and for the entire cruise was very attentive and helpful. Nelson always had snack for us in our room for us when we came back. The room steward, Romeo, was one of the greatest people we met. Romeo knew our name immediately and always called us by them. anything we need we had and Romeo always had our room nice and tidy. The only negatives about this particular room is that you feel every little movement of the ship (being on the bow) and the wind can get a little noisy when at sea. The wind problem is solved by closing the Bulk head door. Entertainment: We went to all of the evening shows and have to say they where amazing. I have to mention the guest talents, David Naster, Crazy Horse, and Jeff the juggler. These three acts kept us entertain on several different occasions. The staff entertainers where great including the Karaoke, the bingo, deal or no deal, and our favorite the Newly Wed Game (we ended up as couple number 1). Food: We ate in the main dinning room 2 or 3 time and had great dinners there each time. For lunch we usualy did the buffet which always had plenty of choices but not a lot of seating. If your having trouble finding a place to sit at lunch try in Mama's there is usually seating there (MaMa's is not serving food during lunch) For breakfast we did the Buffet once (ok) Ate in our room twice which was ok and Cagney's 3 times. The Breakfast in Cagney' is awesome, nothing like having Steak, crab cakes, smoke lox, and eggs for breakfast. We did eat lunch in Cagney's once as well and had a great steak for lunch For dinner We ate at MaMa's, Temenyaki, Tango, and Chin Chin. MaMa's had great Italian food and I had my first risotto and became a believer in it. Temenyaki was equally good and enjoyed a good show with an even better steak Tango was so so tex mex style food but i dont think it was worth the cover and last but not least was Chin Chin's, and all i have to say is save your money, it was not worth it at all to me. For other snacks we ate in the Blue Lagoons which serves excellent wings, went to the sushi place which made great rolls and ordered a pizza in our room that was so-so too much cheese and sauce The staff on board were extremely friendly and always attentive. The Only real negative thing i would have to say is the Spa. They sell a Spa pass to use the relaxation chairs and whirlpools and a few other thing. This pass is suppose to be limited but it was always crowded in the spa. And the Spa services are way over priced. Shore Excretions: We did not so any of the ship ones do to bad weather we did not even go to the private island We did rent a scooter in nausea and was very disappointed with the way the "non-tourist" area where. You figured with all the tourism this tiny Island get they would be able to take care of it a little better. Disembarkation Was a breeze. Again as with embarkation we had priority disembarkation so the ship docked at 8am and we where in our car and on the way home by about 9am. Conclution As far as value, i thought we got a lot for our money. The only thing I would do a little different next time is be a little more frugal with the money on board the ship because our tab did get a little high (mostly from the spa stuff). Also the extra money we paid for the suite is differently worth it with all the stuff you get for it, (Priority embarkation/ disembarkation, the butler and access to Cagney' for breakfast and lunch).

First time and willing to try again

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by northernrescue

• Sail Date: October 2011
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Large Balcony

Embarkation:

By 1:30-2 we were able to get into our room.

Room:

Entertainment:

Food:

We did eat lunch in Cagney's once as well and had a great steak for lunch

For dinner We ate at MaMa's, Temenyaki, Tango, and Chin Chin.

Temenyaki was equally good and enjoyed a good show with an even better steak
Tango was so so tex mex style food but i dont think it was worth the cover

The staff on board were extremely friendly and always attentive.

Shore Excretions:

Disembarkation

Conclution

northernrescue’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Norwegian Jewel price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SE 10000
First cruise for us done in 10000 and I don't thing i will ever cruise in anything less than a suite. This suite has a king sized bed, a lounge area with couch and chair, and a dining area with a table. The closet has ample space for storage. the draws could be a little bigger but it worked. The bathroom has a actual bath as well as a separate room in the bath for the toilet. The best was as comfortable as any bed I've slept on and plenty of pillows. The suite as a mini-bar (can be a little pricy). My favorite thing is the coffee machine. This machine make the best coffee I have ever had (its like a grind and brew kurreg machine) Our butler Nelson introduced himself promptly and for the entire cruise was very attentive and helpful. Nelson always had snack for us in our room for us when we came back. The room steward, Romeo, was one of the greatest people we met. Romeo knew our name immediately and always called us by them. anything we need we had and Romeo always had our room nice and tidy.

Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nassau
    This is the only port of call that i can comment on from my trip. Both of us where very, very disappointed with this one. We where suppose to do parasailing but it was canceled due to high winds. We did decide to get off the ship and walk around. As soon as we got out of the pier area you are bombarded with people trying to sell you anything and everything. After checking it out we decided to rent a scooter and check out the island. As we headed out it was not that bad and we where enjoying the views of the oceans and everything. Soon enough we ended up lost and in the inner area of the island. I have to say it is upsetting to see all of that. Tons of loose dogs just running around, more houses than i care to count in disrepair, and just run down areas. I figured with all the tourism and cruises and more that this lil island gets that the island would be able to distribute the wealth in such a way as to help its residents. I'm sure if we had stuck to the tourist areas it would have been a great place to hang out and relax, but the "non-tourist" areas are not the greatest.
    View All 5,989 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews