3. Adventure of the Seas
We arrived in SJU a day early and stayed at the Conrad Condado. It was decent but the bathroom door is only a sliding door, not much privacy. Dinner was at Orozco's, a few blocks down. The service was great but the Mofongo was only ok. It was tasteless. Embarkation was a bit of a mess. We arrived at 10:45am but the porter service didn't start until 11:30am. Check in took only about 10 minutes. After that, we were herded to an area in the terminal with chairs and told to wait. We waited until 1pm, until the doors were opened. Meanwhile, the terminal filled with people and tempers were flaring because there was no information or updates. Our room attendant, Stephen, was fantastic. Our hump-room Junior Suite was comfortable and spacious. The Diamond staff, Micky & Chris were excellent, even though they were very busy with a full lounge. We looked forward to seeing them every night! Remember to tip the Diamond staff!! Muster drill is at 6:00pm, formal nights are Monday (day 2) and Thursday (day 5) lobster night is Friday (day 6). Our group of 10 had booked over a year in advance and all our bookings were linked. Right after check in, we discovered that our group had two different tables on opposite sides of the dining rooms. This was unacceptable. It was corrected quickly. Our main dining service was only ok. I know they were trying hard but this was the most impersonal service I have ever had. We only saw the head waiter once during the entire week. He never even made the rounds to unshell the shellfish. We had to repeatedly ask for sauces, dressings etc. There are some new items on the menu but nothing to brag about. On lobster night, my lobster was spoiled and a tablemate's was undercooked. Our waiter seemed too rushed for me to ask for a replacement. The Windjammer service was also lacking. Dirty tables sat too long and sometimes you were never offered a beverage. Drink prices have gone up. Two beers are almost $10, a bucket of 6 Coors Lights will cost you $24. Mixed drinks are about $9. Portofino's service took so long that my tablemates actually fell asleep between courses. Johnny Rockets is not $4.95, they charge you for other things too. Our bill came to almost $18.

15 Jan Sailing

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by IslandDreamers

IslandDreamers’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Junior Suite
Cabin JS 9314
This 'hump' junior suite was very nice. The mattress could stand to be replaced but there is a lot of storage.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins