Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by mmn531
- Sail Date: January 2012
- Destination: Western Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom
We started the vacation staying at the Embassy @ Channelside. Took the trolley to The Columbia in Ybor city for our 10th anniversary. Go to this restaurant and get the 1905 salad and watch the dancers. Fantastic evening.
Embarkation - Quite possibly the nicest port i have been through. Clean, orderly, timely and wonderful people working in the port. We arrived @ 10:45, checked in immediately and then waited for about 15 mins due to delays in the ship getting into port that morning. No big deal as they had refreshments set up while we waited. After the short wait, we were of the first dozen on the ship and it was seamless.
CC specific - No M&M. We decided to meet up as a group and I met some very wonderful people. Can't wait to see these guys again.
Cruise overall - This was by far the most relaxing cruises I have ever been on. There were no more than 50 children on the ship under the 'teen age'. Very nice since we were taking a cruise without our kids :). There was a sense of everyone just going about their business and no one was in a hurry. Never once did I have to stand in line for anything. It was just a great relaxation cruise. I cannot emphasize that enough.
- Windjammer - The best windjammer food I have eaten on any ship. Period
- Main Dining Room - Sat at a 8 person table. Paired with a great group on dining mates. Food was good in some areas and great in others. Did not have any bad dishes at all. The Mahi was fabulous.
- Seaview Cafe - Food good but only dropped by once. A bit of a hidden gem since it is out of the way a bit.
- Did not hit any specialty restaurants. Too cheap :)
Entertainment - I for one am not big on the organized events. But the 70s dance in the Centrum was great. We danced with the cast for a while and then followed them to the disco. Well done. The quest too was a good time as always. As long as you take part in it. I heard other events were good and did not hear any negative comments on any organized events.
Excursions - Maya Chan in Costa Maya. Just go, relax, get a massage, drink a few and have some of the best food you will ever taste. Just GO.
- Deck chairs on sea days - No hogging. Plentiful chairs for all.
- Cigar bar - Best one under RCI. Can't remember the bartenders name but my friend, I loved your service !!!
- Sports Bar - Mario owns this bar and he will make your visit one to remember. Or if you are a Falcons fan, one to forget ....
- If you meet the couple that is #3 on the list of loyalty points with RCI, listen to everything they have to say. You WILL learn something
That is all. for those of you looking to chill out, for heavens sake, take a cruise a couple of weeks from a major school holiday
- Read more Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas Review
enough room for 2 people. that is about it
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Costa MayaThe best excursion ever. Will go back there the next time I am in Costa maya. Great everything. Love the guys/gals working there.View All 1,055 Costa Maya Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Costa Maya Cruise Port Review
CozumelBeen to Cozumel a few times. nothing much has changed over the years. There are some good snorkeling spots, but I would recommend going to the ruins.View All 5,721 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review