3. Ruby Princess
We started our vacation by spending 2 days in Ft.Lauderdale at the Hampton Inn North Cruise Port. Highly recommend the hotel. Very organized in getting us to the ship. A small shopping plaza within walking distance - great for stocking up on last minute items/snacks. We booked the hotel shuttle to take us to a diner I had read about on CC. It's called "Lesters" - about a mile from hotel. The food did not disappoint. Our embarkation went very smoothly and we were on the ship by lunch time. Our steward "Rodrigo" was very accommodating and not intrusive at all. We chose anytime dining and usually made reservations for the early seating. I know people seem to complain a lot about the nightly shows but we always found them entertaining. My only regret was not getting to watch any movies under the stars. A week goes by quickly. We enjoy trivia games and that was great afternoon fun. We did enjoy the "International Cafe" for lunch most days. They have a good assortment of food for a quick bite. I highly recommend the Waldorf chicken salad. Gelato was also there but at a cost. In the past, I haven't found any cocktail specials on Princess. However now we discovered happy hour from 4-6, where certain cocktails are half-price. I had bought the soda card for about $36 and found it not to be worthwhile. Unless you buy a lot of soda, it may be cheaper to buy it by the can for $2. Something for us to consider next time. The port reviews will follow separately. Our last day on the ship was very rough. Water was spraying as high as deck 7 and it had all our stomachs in knots. This was my 3rd trip on Princess and I wouldn't hesitate to choose them again.

Great time had by all

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Inthewoods

The food did not disappoint. Our embarkation went very smoothly and we were on
early seating. I know people seem to complain a lot about the nightly shows but
we always found them entertaining. My only regret was not getting to watch any
movies under the stars. A week goes by quickly. We enjoy trivia games and that
was great afternoon fun. We did enjoy the "International Cafe" for lunch most
days. They have a good assortment of food for a quick bite. I highly
recommend the Waldorf chicken salad. Gelato was also there but at a cost.
In the past, I haven't found any cocktail specials on Princess. However now we
discovered happy hour from 4-6, where certain cocktails are half-price. I had
buy a lot of soda, it may be cheaper to buy it by the can for $2. Something for
us to consider next time.
The port reviews will follow separately. Our last day
on the ship was very rough. Water was spraying as high as deck 7 and it had all

Inthewoods’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BA A534
too much paper is thrown in garbage. there should be more recylcing.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins