3. Oosterdam
This is my second cruise with Holland America. My first cruise was on the smaller ship ms Zaandam. The Oosterdam is a much larger ship and sometimes a little confusing. However after the second day I was able to navigate the ship with little difficulty. The staff and crew were pleasant and unobtrusive. The food and services were impeccable. I was a little thrown by the new $10/ per day per person gratuity that was automatically put on my ship board bill. I was also a little disenchanted with the constant offering of alcohol. (The alcohol, if accepted was also added to the ship board bill.) I am not a drinker and at times I felt pressured and besieged to buy the alcoholic beverages that seemed to be EVERYWHERE on board. After avoiding the Jello/vodka shooters, I had a wonderful time. The comedian, a woman named Janine, was not funny and her jokes had sexual content that was not appropriate for the the majority of the audience. I observed many people grimacing in embarrassment and looking decidedly uncomfortable rather than laughing. I was wondering if Holland America screens the acts for their floor shows. I large group of us found this comedian's humor to be in poor taste and racist/sexist in nature.

Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera