3. Carnival Liberty
We sailed on the Liberty from Miami on December 31 for a New Year's cruise. Since it was our first cruise, can't compare the embarkation with other lines. We stayed in Miami for 3 nights prior to cruising at the Best Western on the beach. It was very nice. We got a taxi from the hotel on Saturday morning at 10am and was at the cruise terminal very quickly. Went straight in to security check, no lines and then got our boarding card, section 7 and then got the sail and sign cards. We were on the ship by 11:30 and dropped out carry on luggage to the room and met the room steward (Katut) and then went to have lunch at lido. We had the Mongolian wok and guys burgers. They were both really good. The food overall was just ok on the whole cruise. We had my time dining and would do that again for sure. It was so nice to not be fixed to a set time because some days we were just not hungry until after 8:30pm and other days we wanted to eat at 6pm. The wait staff varied greatly, we found some that were very bad (Acer, Than) and some very good (Michela, Maria) We stuck with Michaela after that and had fantastic service. The deserts we all agreed were very bad and usually stuck with fresh fruit. Went one night to Harry's and it was worth the $30 price tag. The room was fantastic, aft wrap around balcony. Will only go this way on any cruise I do. It was so nice to get away from all the chair hogs on lido and have our own 3 loungers plus chairs and tables on the balconies to our self and look out over the water, true peace. The ports were all different and we enjoyed them all. The only disappointment was Belize that the excursion with Carnival was cancelled due to high winds. We just went into port and walked around that day just to get off the boat for a while. We enjoyed Cozumel and spent the day at Nachi Cocum beach club, great food and great service. Roatan we booked a tour with Victor Bodden and really enjoyed having Tex as our driver for the day. Saw a lot of the island and spent a few hours at Tabayana (west bay beach). In Grand Cayman we booked with Stingray Sailing and they did a super job, only 12 of us on the excursion and had an entire area of the stingray sandbar to our selves. Chip really knows where to get the catamaran to for an enjoyable day. That was one of our highlights. The ship itself was busy, but we never felt it was overcrowded except on the sea days to find a lounge on lido. I think all the chair hogs have inside staterooms and need to book the chairs early. That's one reason I will never book an inside room, too stressing to always have to find a place to sit outside. I go on vacation to avoid stress not obtain it. I think we would love to sail again on a cruise, but we may try RC next time around and compare.

Nice first cruise