• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sailor65
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2011
Cabin: Samsara Outside Stateroom

The Concordia (Costa) is a nice enough ship. As on all lines, the staff was pleasant, the ports were charming and fun to experience. It was the moment to get away from the daily work hustle and bustle to be with the lady I have loved for 40 years.

My absolute disappointment started with the on board internet system. Slow is normal for most cruise lines (obviously because of the profit margin), but this system went lower than bad. In the middle of emails or lengthy responses the internet would shut down. Half my emails did not go out. One continuous confrontation with a non breathing cheap system that wasted my time, prevented touring (missed tour) and enjoying why we went on the cruise. When explained to the front desk, they did not care. The solution, that we have done on every cruise, is an internet cafe at the port of call with skype.

Our cabin balcony door had wind whistling that required towels to be put in it to be able to sleep. Never fixed. The toilet that refused to flush reminded me of an obstinate child.

Samsara Outside Stateroom

Great cabinet closet space, noisy hallway, wind squeeling through the balcony door

8 Helpful Votes