3. Carnival Freedom
We drove to Port Everglades and parked within walking distance of the ship. The cost for one week was $105. Well worth it!! Our Ocean Suite allowed us to have VIP boarding which I would do all over again. Well worth the extra to not wait in any line ups to board. We tipped the ported $1/ bag as suggested on Cruise Critic and our luggage arrived in our cabin by mid afternoon. Our cabin was on the Empress Deck and it was excellent. Mid-mid ship which was close to two elevators, very spacious with a nice balcony, whirlpool tub and shower, lots of storage. The ship was very clean and the staff were very friendly, making every effort to call us by name throughout the entire cruise. The food...the buffet on the Lido deck was typical buffet food with lots of variety but was available when you needed something to eat. We had early seating in the Posh diningroom. I would recommend a reservation for dinner. The service was excellent and the food was amazing. Chocolate melting cake with every meal - delicious. Lobster was good. Lots of variety. Our waiter, Buddy, was wonderful. The entertainment...I went to a couple of shows and they were fine, nothing spectacular but enjoyable. The fitness...Carnival Freedom has a wonderful gym at the front of the ship. My only complaint with the whole ship was that all of the whirlpools were cold. We did not do any swimming because of the water temperatures being cold. Disembarkation...we were zone 1 so we decided to leave our luggage outside our room and wait for our zone to be called. We were off the ship and through customs by 8:10 a.m. Excellent!!! Overall...I would definitely go on a Carnival cruise again.

Carnival Freedom December 2011

Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Finnsurfer

Overall...I would definitely go on a Carnival cruise again.
Finnsurfer’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7314
We had an Ocean Suite 7314 on the Empress Deck. It was absolutely wonderful. Huge with lots of storage. Great location on the port side of the mid ship. The bedding is very comfortable though I thought the bed was a bit firm. It has a sofa bed which we didn't use. The bathroom has a whirlpool tub and shower. Very quiet location and easily accessible to two elevators for forward and aft ship.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins