Family enjoyed the Christmas cruise on the Eurodam. We had perfect weather the entire week. I was afraid of sea sickness and went prpared for the worst. Only one night I took a half a Bonine to settle my stomach. The cabins were very nice , we stayed in an obstructed view cabin. We enjoyed our early morning arrivals looking out the window. Other mornings we went out to te deck. Going in and out of Puerto Rico and St Thomas was an incredible view. The staff was lovely. Our stewards Wawan and JoJo knew our names the first day. My teenage daughter loved the towel animals. She even went to the towel folding class and bought a book on how to. As many people have said the beds are excellent, but you might want to take a pillow. We really enjoyed the meals in the MDR and the Tamarin for lunch was fun. Again the staff was attentive and first class. On the formal night my son ordered 2 escargot appetizers, had the other three courses with 2 deserts. The arrival of the baked Alaska is hysterical. Some people commented that it's ridiculous but I don't think the staff minds at all marching around the dining room. The Lido was fine but a zoo. I was really excited for the late night Desert Extravaganza but the MDR desserts were so much better. If you like the English tea you'll like the Extravaganza. The English tea wasn't very good they ushered us in cafeteria style, and gave us no choice in teas it wasn't the experience I hoped for. The entertainment we enjoyed was the juggling/comedian was hysterical, the magician, a nice young man playing the guitar in the Owls nest where we would go play family games and read. My teenager spent all her time in the library.The only real disappointment was the policy on Hal that 12 year olds are grouped with 8 year olds in Club Hal. My son is turning 13, 1/11 and they wouldn't budge on the policy to put him with his 15 year old sister. My son had one look at the kids that are 8 years old and wouldn't go back. Also my daughter then refused to do anything. We ended up doing the family activities with my son. The more out going teens were hanging out on the boat together. If you have a more reserved child like my 15 year old this set up didn't work. It was difficult when we went to adult activities. The 12 year old wanted to go with us, so we took him. The islands were a lot of fun , perfect weather helped, see other reviews to read about them. We will go back to Hal but probably when the childen are grown. I felt the kids missed out a little on this trip.

Christmas cruise

Eurodam Cruise Review by Peach11

• Sail Date: December 2011
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

Peach11’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Ages 10 to 12
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)
Cabin H 4119
Small room, difficult to move around with 3rd persons bed pulled out. Comfortable beds, nice bathroom.
Upper Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Grand Turk
    The snorkeling is excellent. We did the ultimate snorkel trip. We got to pet a nurse shark. It is a little cold but we managed on the sunny 80 degree day.
    View All 1,055 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
  • San Juan
    We had a nice time walking up to the National Park forts. I thought the town was beautiful. Going in and out of the port on the ship was incredible. The shops were okay. I didn't find any artisan shops so we just walked through the town.
    View All 3,805 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
  • St. Thomas
    I though this would be my favorite but I found the shopping a bit boring. We only found a few artisan shops. We did get to see the school children play their steel drums, that was fun. We only spent 2 hours walking around CA because it was more about pushy jewelry store people hustling on the street. The taxi service is also very pushy. We went back to the ship to eat and went back out to Sapphire Beach. We had to be very firm with the taxi dispatcher that we wanted our own van to get to Sapphire Beach. Sapphire Beach ( 30-40 minutes 11 dollars each way per person ) was a bit small but the coral reef is nice for snorkeling. If anyone goes to the beach in January they can have our snorkel gear and cheap underwater cameras that we left on the beach. Maybe you can find it in the lost and found.
    View All 4,676 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews