3. Carnival Conquest
Embarkation: Very quick. Waited in line maybe 20 minutes for initial security, then quickly through the xray, getting the room cards, and actual boarding all in about another 20 minutes. Our room was ready within about 40 minutes of getting on board. Food: Nothing really to write home about. I enjoyed the fact that there were out-of-the ordinary options to try. DEFINITELY get the warm chocolate melting cake. Food Service: We did anytime dining. The wait for a table ranged from 10-30 minutes for a table for 4. Two times we got right in. The table service took much longer than it should have. You'd get menus and then it may be 15 minutes before someone came to get your order, then 15 minutes or more before you got your appetizer. Dinner generally took 90 minutes or more. I feel like the anytime dining may contribute to lower levels of service because the waiters are different every night so they are not working specifically for your tip. Pool: I did not get in the actual pool, but I used the adult only hot tubs. I never had trouble with them being too full. It was nice because the two different hot tubs were different temperatures. I don't know if that was on purpose, but it was nice. The adult only pool has a retractable glass dome so even in rainy weather it was warm and you could sit by the pool. Entertainment: Low quality. Game shows need a lot of work. One of them was almost painful to watch as the host had no clue what she was doing. I did not think there was enough variety of things to do. Most nights, if you did not want to see the low quality show, then you could either sit in the casino or listen to a house band in one of the sitting areas. They need more variety of activities at all hours of the day like dodgeball tournaments, scavenger hunts, belly flop contests, quality trivia games [not a bartender asking questions], etc. They did have comedians two nights which were entertaining. Beverages: Pool deck waiters were annoying in the amount of times they asked if you wanted a drink. They clearly did not have "sections" to work because one person would bring you a drink and then 2 minutes later someone different would come ask you if you wanted a drink, even if you had several full drinks on your table. More than just asking, they were kind of pushy trying to sell you drinks. Drinks were a little on the expensive side in my opinion. There was free coffee, water, lemonade, iced tea and hot chocolate available 24/7 which was very nice. Overall: Having two other cruises to compare this to, I feel that for the same money I got better food, better dining service, & better entertainment on other cruise lines.

Underwhelming

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by emisch

emisch’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Interior
Cabin 4E 1250
This was adjacent to a crew service hallway or something as there was always noise and things clanking behind the wall.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins