Wonderful 5 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas: Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by charnich
Overall Member Rating
Wonderful 5 night cruise on Freedom of the Seas
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
1) Service: On both the Freedom and Voyager we found the staff to be MUCH more friendly and seemingly More happier. This made out trip so much more pleasurable.
2) Especially on the Freedom...the shows were so much better than on any other ship so far. The performers were incredibly talented and professional. On our other cruises the shows were much more "glee club-ish".
3) The ship...holy cow what a wonderful vessel. The only complaint was a little surface rust on the outside...but on the inside it was always kept pristine. By the way the water pressure in the shower was wonderful...better than out home in fact. The beds have a memory foam topper which gave us the best comfort we have ever had. I would say that there was a slight vibration in our stateroom which was a bit annoying at times but the ship dis not seem to have the "cruise ship sway" that we've experienced on every other cruise. It is a very stable ship.
4) Although the Windjammer buffet was on par with the other cruises we've been on (slightly better than golden corral) the food in the main dining room was exceptional. I had several dishes that were amazingly delicious. Out waiter was excellent (Ronaldo for the Philippines... shout out) he made our dining experience wonderful.
5) the attitude of the fellow cruisers was the best we've seen. The people were so willing to participate in the activities. Nobody was shy and everyone was in a great mood. This stood out compared to our previous 2 cruises.
So what didn't I like? The dream works experience wasn't too entertaining if you didn't have kids. Basically people dressed up as Shrek etc. I could have done without. As usual the pool side chairs were saved with towels all day despite signs being posted against saving chairs. This was typical of every cruise we've been on but I don't blame RCI, that is just typical of rude people. Because it was such a big ship, the tendering process took a while. I think we waited 1-2 hrs to tender off the ship in Grand Cayman, partially our fault because we slept in that day.
Overall it was a wonderful experience and we are looking forward to out next cruise on the Oasis of the Seas in November 2013. Less
Cabin review: E18666 Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with BalconyDeluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony (E1) Reviews >>
Time to retire Freedom of the ...
First Ever Cruise
The crew felt like family!