• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Sail Date: Dec 2011
Cabin: Interior
Traveled with children

I have cruised 4 times now, all with Carnival, so I knew exactly what to expect. This was the first time we took our son along, and he is 2 years old, so that came with some challenges. Also, we had both sets of parents along making for a total of 7 of us. I'll break up my review into areas of interest:

Embarkation/Jacksonville:

This went smoothly for us. We arrived at about noon and were on the ship by 1 pm. We were allowed to carry on any size bag with us as long as it went through the scanner...unlike in Charleston where we were forced to check our large bag. So, we were happy with that flexibility. My son threw a fit on having to put his backpack through the machine...but then, he's 2.

Interior

Cabin 4B

Excellent location and quiet. Near elevators. We did not hear our neighbors at all unlike the time our cabin had an adjoining door.

Port Reviews

Freeport

We like to use Calabash Eco Adventures in Freeport and had a good time again with them going snorkeling and enjoying the beach at Paradise Cove.

Nassau

Nassau was typical where there are TOO MANY PEOPLE asking you if you need a guide, need a taxi, need a scooter, need a boat, need a beach.....etc the whole way out through where you are forced to walk to get to the shopping. Once out of there we enjoyed shopping at John Bull, one of the best places for Pandora and watches, and a few other stores. Other than that we haven't really done much in Nassau.

previous reviewnext review