3. Golden Princess
We traveled with another couple with whom we have been on several cruises. We all enjoyed our trip on the Golden to Hawaii. We had 2 small glitches. The first was embarkation. We had no problem, but Princess made those with disabilities wait until the elite and platinum guests boarded. This made those in wheel chairs, scooters, and walkers sit and wait for quite some time. Not good PR for Princess. The other problem we had was with the extrodinarily slow and poor service in the Crown Grill. The food was wonderful, but the service not up to the quality of the restaurant. Other than the above, the ship, service, and entire cruise was wonderful. The Golden is a beautiful ship and spotless. There was plenty of room and we never waited in a line, even for dining. As soon as we boarded, my friend and I went to the dining room and reserved a table for 4 for 7:30pm every night. We had the same table for the entire cruise, table 62 in the Bernini, and it was perfectly located in a corner by the wall. We never had passengers trying to get past us and we were able to have lovely quiet dinners with exceptional staff. Max and Dyjana were wonderful and very attentive. The Horizan Cafe was quite good and there wasn't a wait to get food. I particularly loved the International Cafe in the Piazza, atrium. The food was complementary and they had wonderful soup, grilled sandwiches, and desserts. It was easy to grab a quick lunch and find a spot in the wine bar to sit and eat. Our room was great and had the biggest closet I ever had. I also loved the laundry and wish all ships would have the self-serve washers/dryers. We enjoyed the explorers lounge before dinner and particularly enjoyed the servers. All of the staff were very friendly and seemed to love their jobs. They were always helpful and pleasant. The disembarkation was easy in LA. We were given colored tags and told what time to disembark and where to wait. The Horizon Court was open for breakfast which was very nice. The entire process went very smoothly.

Fabulous Cruise to Hawaii! Fabulous Ship

beach grandma’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BC B603
Great cabin. Loved the balcony. Wonderful big closet - we loved the open closet and the large number of hangers. Also, plenty of shelf space. A small sofa would be nice. Good location near the middle of the ship. Very quiet. Great bed
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins