3. Island Princess
We boarded in Ft.Lauderdale a bit later than anticipated. This was due to the U.S. Coast Guard boarding the ship and conducting a safety drill. Our ship was the only ship in port this day. Once they were cleared to allow passangers, we were in Group 1 and went through the line and on the ship in under 15 minutes. Our room was ready, and our room steward was waiting to introduce himself. We immediately started to walk the ship and get a feel for things. We started with the Lotus Spa since it was closest to our room. We were the first ones to arrive and were given a tour right on the spot. They stamped my scavenger hunt card and we were on to the next. The Bordeaux dining room was supposed to be open, but the staff did not seem to want to allow customers. I later found that some pushed the matter and were seated. I was not that lucky. The Horizon Court was packed, so I opted for pizza. It was great. I can tell you that the Bordeaux issue was brought to the attention of one of the officers, and I believe it was dealt with. We attended the sail away party where we won a bottle of champagne! Day two our M&G met up and were delighted to have many of the ships officers attend as well. They stayed quite a while answering our questions and posing for photos. Lotus Spa was nice. I enjoyed the seaweed wrap, but found the technician to be quite pushy to make another appointment. Almost felt trapped by her not wanting me to leave.

Panama Canal- Island Princess R/T

Island Princess Cruise Review by carma7007

Our room was ready, and our room steward was waiting to introduce himself.

We attended the sail away party where we won a bottle of champagne!

carma7007’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Balcony
Cabin BB A617
Our cabin was just down the hall from the kids club. Since there were not children on my sailing I don't know how this would be if there had been. May be a deterrent for some and a good choice for others depending on if you are sailing with your kids.

It is near the back of the ship, and on the 12Th floor. The main dining rooms are in the front of the ship, so you will walk quite a lot here.
Very close to the aft stairs, and one floor below the Lotus Spa, the Sanctuary, and the gym.
The Lotus Spa and the outside walk way are all that is above you.

Enclosed balcony, very nice.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins