• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2011
Cabin: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

Embarkation was fairly easy - arrived at the port 11:15 and were on within 30 minutes. Although the ship is in very good condition, I probably won't sail her again...I was on the Allure during her maiden voyage and was a bit spoiled! It seems RCCL is cutting back to curb costs. I missed the pillow chocolates, I did not miss all the paper promotional materials that are usually left every day. Only recieved the cruise compass, so glad to see they are going greener. I'm an Emerald member, but received a gold coupon booklet instead - and no robe. My cabin steward was quick to remedy that. I believe they didn't use the equalizers (I think I got that word wrong) that keep the ship from rolling - it didn't bother me but I heard many others complaining of the movement.

Never ate in the Windjammer - thought food in the MDR was adequate. I loved the salad bar in the afternoons where they mix your salad choices. I stopped a couple times at the promenade cafe for small sandwitches. We ate at Portofino which was a fantastic three hour dinner. We had two appetizers each and the main being the seafood 'sword'. They insisted bring dessert which included a sampler (order this!) tiramisu and chocolate covered strawbs.

The lounge I enjoyed the most was Boleros. Live latin music nightly - was very popular, but smaller because it's split with a staircase in the middle. Too bad they ran out of mint for mojitos on the 3rd night!

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony