Eurodam Cruise Review by wolfatlga
- Sail Date: December 2011
- Destination: Eastern Caribbean
- Cabin Type: Neptune Suite with Verandah
A few note worthy items that we especially enjoyed were:
1. The Mariners lunch was the best food on embarkation day. There was some confusion about having an invitation, but since the rooms were not ready, we had none, so just go and tell them you are a Mariner, no problem.
2. Loved having the suite and the Neptune Lounge. We love having the free laundry included so you don't have to over pack and we rented the tuxedos for formal night.
3. Every cabin has a DVD catalog, so you can have a free DVD sent to your room.
4. The aft pool is fresh water and for adults only, even thou there were few children, it was very peaceful.
5. Photos have become expensive, 40 dollars, passed.
6. We only went to one show, very dated routine, so we passed on the rest, plus they used explosives and there was a sulfur odor.
7. The food was excellent, loved the Asian theme. If you get lunch reservations the new restaurant is free. We did not go to any fee restaurants, since we thought the food was great and we had anytime dining, so we just reserved the same table each night for 8 pm.
8. All excursions were booked thru Holland, the best was the Half Moon Cay!
We did the Aqua Tram, just the two of us and two guides, you can seen the bottom and we stopped and a Sand Bar and the guide gave us a nice talk about the reefs and natural sights. First time and very easy to drive one, so will do again, plus the Cay was the best we have been to.
The bed was at a great height and was a King, very comfortable. The Air Conditioning was great, we like it cold when we sleep and it was 68 on my temperature gauge that is also our alarm clock.
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Grand TurkThe ship docked right at the pier and we were the only ship there. The beach has a lot of rocks, so you might want to wear your water shoes. Very nice, but not as good and Half Moon Cay that Holland owns. We rented a clam shell, very little shade and I use lots of sunscreen.View All 1,747 Grand Turk Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Grand Turk Cruise Port Review
San JuanWe have been there a couple of times, to start and end our cruises, so we decided to do the Zip Line excursion, which was very fun for first timers.View All 3,095 San Juan Cruise Port Reviews
As just a port of call, we would pass, it's very much "American", between to amazing cathedrals was a huge McDonald's sign.
View Cruise Critic's San Juan Cruise Port Review
St. ThomasAir conditioned bus! Very comfortable, did a city tour and then the tram. At the top is a great some with a Ferris Wheel and local artists. Lots of shopping by the pier and watched as a lady missed the boat! Yes they are very serious about being on board when they say, she came as we were leaving.View All 1,055 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews
Been to St. Thomas before, so that was the most interesting. Even thou lots of ships in the harbor, Holland timed things very well so we were not crowded on the Tram.
View Cruise Critic's St. Thomas Cruise Port Review