Had a very nice time on the MS RYNDAM. Would cruise this ship again but only if different ports of call - Cozumel and Costa Maya were nothing special. GOOD: ship size - small and intimate - got to know lots of lovely people from day one. easy to navigate and get everywhere. wide variety of activities for all ages/interests to enjoy. well done. never felt crowded on ship - plenty of places to relax and read/enjoy entertainment, etc. Cabin was more than adequate - places to store everything and convenient to everywhere. MEDIOCRE: staff is overworked. days of yore where you engaged with waiter, etc are gone - felt like he was overbooked despite his friendliness - never really "connected" with him. some staff seemed very indifferent to being there - no smiles or genuine friendliness. some, not all. One tender port - Belize. poor job of notifying passengers about process and timing to get off ship - what is p/a system for if not to use it? BAD: think my BFF and I spent entire trip with the wrong photo attached to our ship ID cards and no one noticed!!! She has blue eyes, fair skin and short curly reddish hair. I have dark hair - long/straight, dark brown eyes. How did they not notice we look nothing alike? Frightening. Our cabin was under Rotterdam Dining Room. Feared a lot noise. There wasn't ANY. They use upper level of dining room for breakfast and lunch so did not hear a peep. Happy about that. Cabin had room for all of our stuff, fit all suitcases under beds with no problem. Hot water was extremely hot - easy to get burned. A/C was adequate. Don't know how I'd feel in hotter months - we had cranked to coolest setting and it was often a bit warm.

Enjoyable vacation but not quite as I remembered

Ryndam Cruise Review by AllieKay