3. Enchantment of the Seas

We just got back from a 9 day cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas.

This was our first cruise with Royal, three others have been with Carnival. Overall, a day cruising is a day cruising and you can't go wrong. We found there were things we liked better on each line.

The Enchantment is a nice ship but it does need updating. As others had said our cabin did show wear - the TV really seemed to be something from the 70's. But, just because is shows wear didn't mean it still wasn't nice. It was a nice size and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was really small and we had a plastic shower curtain that was a pain sometimes. But, my parents had the glass door and I actually think I like the plastic better because it gave more room.

The overall ships appearance was nice, we really enjoyed the many different lounge areas the ship offered. We found the staff friendly but I do think there were fewer staff then we have normally seen. They are some hard working people and it really showed. The staff really did seem to go over and above to make sure we had the help we needed.

The demographics did seem older. There were certainly young adults and families but certainly more of an older crowd then we have seen before on Carnival. That's neither good nor bad, just depends on your cruising preference. We thought most everyone was very friendly and courteous. One things that we didn't find a problem that others had was finding seats during breakfast or dinner, you might have to look couple of places but we also found a place to eat.

The food, well what can you say. The ship has to make food on a continual basis for 3000 people. It your looking for 5 stars quality and choices you wont find it. But, it you realize its a buffet with lots of people to feed you can find many good options.

The only "complaint" I would have would be the Chops Grill. This is there specialty restaurant that you pay an extra fee for. Although the service was wonderful, the food was really not what we had expected. They really need to rethink the menu and recipes used. There were four of us and really all found it disappointing.

We loved the shows. Royal does a great job of bringing in a variety of talent and its very appropriate for all ages.

We had a great cruise and the Enchantment staff did a great job of making this a memorable vacation. By the ninth day, I was glad to be getting home but had a wonderful time while cruising!

Great Cruise - first time with Royal

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by charmarti

• Sail Date: November 2011
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

We just got back from a 9 day cruise on the Enchantment of the Seas.

charmarti’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 7014

Cabin 7014 - Nice cabin choice. Nice size, did hear some music at times so if you sensitive to that be aware. It is a little worm and TV was something from the 70's but who's there for watching TV right?

Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins