3. Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas 11/26/2011 First time cruisers-went with hubby, sister in law and niece. We arrived the evening before and stayed at Hyatt Summerfield Suites. Nice hotel. Fast food within walking distance. We took the 10 am hotel shuttle to the port. Traffic into the ports was heavy. We got through the check in process fairly quickly, even though there was a line. Once through check in, everyone was stopped for about 20-30 minutes. Not sure why. By the time we got on board and navigated our way to our floor (6th), it was 1:00. We went and checked out our room and then went to lunch in Windjammer. Room-we had balcony room 6392. It was very nice and had lots of space to store your belongings and keep the room clutter free. A couch to relax on and 2 chairs and small table on the balcony. Not close to elevators but we needed the extra exercise. Food-we did not go to specialty restaurants. We ate in Windjammer all but the 1st night, where we had dinner in our assigned dining room. It seemed too stiff and formal for our tastes. We ordered room service for breakfast with the intention of eating on the balcony but it was too windy that day. All the food we had was good. Enjoyed the wine bar. Cookies were good from the coffee shop. Also enjoyed the german chocolate cupcakes. Ship-this ship is huge and there is plenty to do. We enjoyed our pool days when at sea, and played putt putt golf. Hubby and niece tried the climbing wall. The shops had a variety of items. The staff was always friendly and patient with all the tourists. Shows-We were set to see the ice show but ended up taking a nap instead! Sister in law saw it and said it was good. We did see "In the Air" and "Saturday Night Fever" and both shows were great. Pool area-plenty of room in all areas. Pool water was CCCCOOOOLLLDD. Solved that problem by going to the hot tubs. Spa-Had been told by TA that we got a free spa treatment at time of booking. Never received anything else on it. Sister in law called while on ship and person at spa said they would contact TA for confirmation. TA confirmed and it was arranged for her to get Swedish massage. So of course I called and had them confirm mine as well. Had to prepay up front but later they called and confirmed that I did get mine free. Nice spa area and friendly staff. Massage was great! Next day I was a bit sore in my neck/shoulders which surprised me because it didn't hurt at the time of the massage. Man I must have been really tense! I also had pre-booked a pedicure on our last sea day. It was nice too. Shopping-just about anything you want or need is on the ship. Towels, souveniers, smokes, lighters, jewelry, clothes, alcohol, watches, sunglasses, etc. Staff-everyone was very friendly. Our room attendant was great, usually had cleaned the room in between us eating breakfast and leaving for the morning. Always had clean towels and really didn't need to ask for anything. The towel animals on the bed each night were cute. Disembark-line went fast and we shared a shuttle to the airport. No issues at all. All in all we had a great time and really enjoyed our first cruise. Now that we know what to expect, if we ever get to go on another cruise! I will work on pics next! Let me know if you have any questions, be glad to answer what I know!

Liberty of the Seas-Western Carribean-11/26/2011

MidnightMyst’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin D2 6392
Great view, not close to elevators but we needed the exercise. Room spacious, lots of closet and desk space. Two chairs on balcony and a small table. Very pleased with room.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins