My husband and I have just returned from our wonderful cruise on Ventura, along with our best friends who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary. It was our first cruise, all of us and we certainly choose the right ship and destination. The Caribbean is beautiful at this time of year, temps never dropping below 80degrees. Yes, we had some rain, lovely refreshing, warm rain. It didn't spoil a thing because it never lasted long and was quite a welcome break from the hot sunshine. Mostly the weather was great. As for the ship...Ventura is a real beauty. The staff on board are faultless, apart from one sour faced beauty therapist who looked as though she really didn't want to be there and I cant think for the life of me why! The cabin staff, waiting staff, shops, restaurant, reception etc. etc. were so helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and from the minute we left our bags with check in a Gatwick to the moment we picked them up on our return, our every whim was catered for and we didn't have to think about a thing. Check in on board was very fast and smooth. There was constant food and drink 24/7, more or less whatever you wanted. The entertainment was great. We saw 4 or 5 shows put on by the 'Headliners' Theatre Company, a very talented group of young singers and dancers who seem to have endless energy and never stop smiling whether they are on or off stage. If I had to pick fault with anything, it would be the fact that despite the daily sheet given to each cabin which contains information about that evenings dress code, there were several passengers who on formal nights, still wondered around in shorts, football shirts and flip flops!! we did go to reception and asked why this was allowed to happen and were told that 97% of passengers comply, but sometimes the other 3% complain about formal nights...... well don't go on a cruise with P&O is my response to that one, go with a company like Ocean Village who are a casual cruise line, don't spoil it for others who like to get dressed up as a part of the cruise experience. I do think that the dress code should be adhered to and that people should be asked to dress according to that nights code. There are only 4 formal nights on a 14 night cruise so if you don't want to dress up that's fine, but at least don't wonder amongst the people who do wearing your Man U top. I'm as down to earth as they come, but loved to dress up and feel special, as at home, we don't get to do it very often. The food in the main dining rooms was 'ok' but up in the Beach House Restaurant, it was fabulous, so we ended up eating up there whenever the queue wasn't too long, as most people seemed to find the same, the quality was better. We were sometimes given a pager to be called when the table was ready as they were busy, but it was no problem, plenty of places for pre-dinner drinks and it never took very long anyway. All in all, we cant wait to go back again, it was smooth, flawless and all credit to P&O for their attention to detail. Thank You P&O. We're coming back!!

Winter Paradise

Ventura Cruise Review by Sally

1 person found this helpful
Trip Details
My husband and I have just returned from our wonderful cruise on Ventura, along with our best friends who were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary.
It was our first cruise, all of us and we certainly choose the right ship and destination. The Caribbean is beautiful at this time of year, temps never dropping below 80degrees. Yes, we had some rain, lovely refreshing, warm rain. It didn't spoil a thing because it never lasted long and was quite a welcome break from the hot sunshine. Mostly the weather was great.
As for the ship...Ventura is a real beauty. The staff on board are faultless, apart from one sour faced beauty therapist who looked as though she really didn't want to be there and I cant think for the life of me why! The cabin staff, waiting staff, shops, restaurant, reception etc. etc. were so helpful and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone and from the minute we left our bags with check in a Gatwick to the moment we picked them up on our return, our every whim was catered for and we didn't have to think about a thing.
Check in on board was very fast and smooth. There was constant food and drink 24/7, more or less whatever you wanted. The entertainment was great. We saw 4 or 5 shows put on by the 'Headliners' Theatre Company, a very talented group of young singers and dancers who seem to have endless energy and never stop smiling whether they are on or off stage. If I had to pick fault with anything, it would be the fact that despite the daily sheet given to each cabin which contains information about that evenings dress code, there were several passengers who on formal nights, still wondered around in shorts, football shirts and flip flops!! we did go to reception and asked why this was allowed to happen and were told that 97% of passengers comply, but sometimes the other 3% complain about formal nights...... well don't go on a cruise with P&O is my response to that one, go with a company like Ocean Village who are a casual cruise line, don't spoil it for others who like to get dressed up as a part of the cruise experience. I do think that the dress code should be adhered to and that people should be asked to dress according to that nights code. There are only 4 formal nights on a 14 night cruise so if you don't want to dress up that's fine, but at least don't wonder amongst the people who do wearing your Man U top. I'm as down to earth as they come, but loved to dress up and feel special, as at home, we don't get to do it very often.
The food in the main dining rooms was 'ok' but up in the Beach House Restaurant, it was fabulous, so we ended up eating up there whenever the queue wasn't too long, as most people seemed to find the same, the quality was better. We were sometimes given a pager to be called when the table was ready as they were busy, but it was no problem, plenty of places for pre-dinner drinks and it never took very long anyway.
All in all, we cant wait to go back again, it was smooth, flawless and all credit to P&O for their attention to detail. Thank You P&O. We're coming back!!
Sally’s Full Rating Summary
Enrichment Activities
Value For Money
Embarkation
Dining
Public Rooms
Entertainment
Cabin
Fitness & Recreation
Shore Excursions
Rates
Service
Free Price Drop Alerts
Get P&O Ventura price drops
250,000+ people have entered their email

Cabin Review

Cabin A226
Cabin was located on Deck 12 - Australia Deck. It was perfect! Nobody overlooked our balcony, unlike the 2 decks below us which we could look straight down on to. It was at the front of the ship and the hall was extremely quiet. Plenty of hanging space. Adequate shower room/toilet. Fridge, very very comfortable queen size bed and nice decor. Sorry to leave it!
  Ventura Deck Plans

Port & Shore Excursion Reviews