• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser

Sail Date: Jan 2005
Cabin:
Traveled with children

Well, let me start by stating that this was our first cruise. My parents have been encouraging to take a cruise vacation for years, particularly, they insisted, because we have young children. There was no shortage of activities and entertainment.

Now, we take vacations about twice a year (once with the children, then my husband and I each take a "girls only" or "boys only" mini-getaway). These vacations have always been land vacations, but I think my husband and I would definitely consider cruising again in the future.

The overall experience was excellent. Before the cruise, we stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the room in that hotel (adequate), was almost the same size as our cabin on the ship...I guess it was preparing us (remember there were five of us in one room!) for tighter quarters! Now, we had a balcony in our cabin (deck 9), and I would recommend that anyone with young children who nap in the afternoon, get a cabin with a balcony. While the children napped (which was every day because they were exhausted from all the kids' activities), we could enjoy a snack and a glass of wine on the balcony and enjoy the breeze and the view (the balcony is glass so even when sitting, you can enjoy the view).

Find a Radiance of the Seas Cruise from $283