• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

aahnot
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Nov 2011
Cabin: Ocean View

Well first off, if you don't really get along with some family members, don't go.

My problem was that I really didn't know some family members until this cruise.

I'll just make a list of the HIGHS and LOWS of our trip. Just my opinions.

Ocean View

Our cabin was a window cabin. It was perfect. Not too small. My husband really enjoyed sitting in the window sill reading and watching the waves. I enjoyed the 3 closets and the 5 drawers to put our clothes in, the space under the bed to put our empty suitcases, the space under the couch to put stuff, the drawers in the nightstands, the shelves in one of the closets, in the dresser, the nightstands, and in the bathroom, the safe, the lighting, and the TV (though we did have to have the steward get us a new remote). The comfortable sized bathroom, not too small, but not big. We especially liked the faucet to the side of the sink. The beds were comfortable. Not my Temperpedic at home, but better than most. The carpet was actually safe for me to walk on barefoot. It didn't feel dirty. I liked the color and the feel of the tile in the bathroom too. Though the lip to the shower either needs to be raised or there needs to be a door because water gets all over the floor from the shower. I really enjoyed our cabin. Plus, I didn't have to clean it. Housekeeping was AWESOME.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

We really enjoyed Cabo San Lucas and San Jose. We took the boat tour around "Lands End". It was beautiful. I didn't enjoy all of the vendors yelling at you as you walked around. I know that they need to make a living, but do that have to yell at you like that? Anyway, I loved the van tour we took around Cabo and then to San Jose to the glass blowing factory and then walking around part of the town.

In the areas that weren't frequented by the wealthy looked very dirty and some disgusting. Even some of the places that the tourists frequented were dirty. I was EXTREMELY saddened to see that there were people that had wild animals, like baby leopards (de-clawed I'm sure), for the tourists to hold on their laps while a photo was taken of them. That baby leopard has NO CHANCE of making it in the wild now. What happens when it's not a baby anymore? I'd hate to think it.

I had to make that statement the last thing I said because it's VERY IMPORTANT.

Puerto Vallarta

Some of this is not Puerto Vallartas fault. The weather was very hot and humid.

Now it's Puerto Vallartas fault. The people dressed in costumes on the ramps going from the ship to the port were blocking the way for the people that didn't want to get their pictures taken with them. They should have done that off the ramps. The parrots were being held captive in a medium sized, cage area. Though I have to say that the cage area was nice for them in the shade. Some of the vendors were obnoxious. The prices for some things were ridiculous and they would not barter. There were soldiers with machine guns everywhere, which made me feel a little better, but at the same time, realizing how dangerous Mexico is right now. We were only off the ship for about 1 hour or less.

previous reviewnext review