3. Navigator of the Seas
I have cruised on several Royal Caribbean cruises and I want to say that I am very easy-going and positive person, but this cruise was a little disappointing. Some on the ship said it was because it had just returned from the Mediterranean for several months and that Royal workers had told them, that many had left the ship and they were just placing people into positions to try to fill them. Whatever the reason, the ship seemed boring,and many workers seemed tired. Boarding and Embarkation were a breeze, but then upon boarding we went up to get something to eat and the dining room was closed and not open for another hour. The sail-away party there was not even music playing because they were not ready .... They scheduled the "sail-away party" and a parade on the promenade at the same time, and if you had early dining you had to chose between which of the three to go to.... After that there was no need to choose because there was nothing to choose from. No impressive shows, just pulling people from the crowd and doing very low-cost shows.Seemed to be flying by the seat of their pants alot. Same line dancing with the same people at the pool everyday, just very repetitive. There was little entertainment the entire cruise if you did not drink or gamble. Yes, they had a singing and dancing show but very boring. There were 2 things to not miss, the ice skating show and some said the adult comedian was good,but he was late, and I missed him. The magic show was good. One night the headliner entertaiment was ballroom dancing. I overheard others on the ship comment that this seemed more like a Celebrity cruise for the 55 and over crowd. I found that it was for either partiers and gamblers....... or the over 55 crowd and very little to do if you were in-between those groups who wanted good, clean fun. Many said they would switch to Carnival after this cruise just for something to do! I was there for the relaxation,and pool, and made the most of it, but would not book this cruise again. I want to put people at ease about Falmouth, it was actually very beautiful and nice. Not completed... but I was pleasantly surprised! We did venture out past the protected gate about a block but that was it, after that I would have felt uncomfortable if not with a group. I knew of one family that "tipped" a police officer to escort them around the town. There was plenty of police protection but really not much to see. We took a trolley for $15 a person and they tried to make it a "tour" but really they were pointing out old cemeteries with brick walls and at one point said "if you stand up on your seat and hold your camera above your head you will get a picture of the graves inside". But we saw a 20 min idea of how the Jamaicans live in and around that port and felt safe. Grand Caymen we did a tour apart from Royal Caribbean and had a great tour guide named Rueben. For $20 a person we saw 2 1/2 hours of Grand Caymen including Hell, The turtle farm, Discovery Cove with the dolphins and the Rum Cake factory. He told us many interesting facts and answered all our questions.....we really enjoyed him, and the tour! We then went to Margaritaville and had 2 margaritas and a plate of nachos and our bill was $57!!! Labadee was absolutely beautiful!!! Favorite port! We did see the hungry children behind the barb wire fence when we were eating and found a way to throw food over to the children behind one of the cement bathrooms way to the back...... So sad that the cruise ship is unable to give the leftovers to the people of Haiti who are suffering so badly. My favorite beach was just to the left of where the "private cabanas" are that people who are in the suites can rent. It was a quiet cove with beautiful beach, and wonderful for floating on a mat that you can rent for $12 for the day. Lunch was ribs, hot dogs,hamburgers. Lots of do if you want to be busy..... or great for a quiet beach day. Haitians are VERY pushy to get you to buy from their stalls. Labadee is a paradise created by Royal Caribbean. Went to the Circus parade on the 70's day of the cruise...offered during the week on the promenade with my teenage son and was absolutely embarrassed. It was 5-6 half naked men all girrating on the rails above our heads. SO INAPPROPRIATE for "family entertainment" and not in a bar, but in the promenade with 800 children aboard. Poorly done as it was just so inappropriate and obviously thrown together.... what did that have to do with circus or 70's??? Seriously a male-stipper show with all the sleazy moves..... and if I had brought my young girls to that, I would have been horrified.... I wouldn't take small children to this activity if your going...... The pool musicians were not that great, in fact the key board player was off quite often and I wondered if they had just grabbed him to fill in for someone. He would play off key and then just keep going as if no one would notice....really irritating and unbelievable at times. Having cruised on other Royal Caribbean cruises the food was o.k...... but not fantastic. Promenade food good. Johnny Rockets was not open for lunch and too busy after 4 p.m. so never got to go. We were on the ship for Thanksgiving and the only thing "Thanksgiving-like" was turkey on the menu that night....,no Thaksgiving activites other than drink-specials in the bars. We made many wonderful friends, had fun but as this is a review...i hope that now that Navigator is doing the Western and Eastern Caribbean the entertainment,performers and others will greatly improve. "Dan-Dan the party man" was the cruise director and I really think he did not live up to his hype. Personal opinion. You know,,,,,,having just read my own review I guess I was more disappointed than I wanted to admit. We made the best of it and met some great friends, but what Royal Caribbean offered us on Navigator did not meet up to the other Royal cruises I had been on before. It's a cruise....if your already booked you can make the most of it, if you haven't I would look at another ship in the same class. Mariner, Voyager, any were better than this one.

Navigator I hate to say was disappointing....

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Bellacruz54