3. Westerdam
I wanted to treat the whole family on a Caribbean cruise during the Thanksgiving holiday. Holland America is our favorite line and chose the eastern Caribbean itinerary because it included good beach stops for the younger ones. Our age group ranged from 76 (me) to 12 my grandson. Grand Turk is a fantastic stop for all ages, great pool at the Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville where we rented a cabana around the pool which worked out very well, giving us a meeting place to store stuff, etc. Puerto Rico was fun, we just hired a bus right outside the cruise terminal for $10 each and got a full 2 hour tour of San Juan and surrounding areas. The group used the cruise line to book a catamaran boat for a snorkeling and beach excursion on St. Marteens and were very happy with the trip, lunch, etc. Don't try to walk from the cruise ship to St Marteens shopping area, the water taxi is only $6 round trip and runs constantly. We had balcony staterooms which were nicely decorated, clean and roomy enough for sleeping and showering, the balconies extended the feel of the room and by opening the partitions between balconies gave us some party room. I found the food to be very good, meeting everyone's taste, including the cheeseburgers that were provided to the 12 year old in the main dining room when the menu was a little to fancy for his taste. all in all a great family vacation that satisfied the veteran cruisers and the new kids.

Thanksgiving with the family

concorddon’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VF 4036
cabin 4036 was roomy, near the elevator and vista lounge but at the opposite end of main dining room. no glass under the balcony railing, solid steel, but really did not notice it.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins