Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Don't understand the disrespect for Paradise!

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by keiko618

• Sail Date: Nov 2011
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Two friends and myself did a BFF weekend cruise on Paradise. I don't understand some of the negative posts about the ship, not that everything is perfect.

We drove to port from NoCal and stayed at Hotel Maya using the CCL code, great deal. One of my crew was platinum so we did VIP embarkation and I was the first on the ship! Pretty cool. I'll say that the staff in port and on the ship were friendly and provided good service. Even the CD announcements weren't too bad.

Cabin/Steward: was very good, friendly,always called me by name even when not around the cabin area. I almost expected less service because this was a 3 day cruise but it was the opposite. Dining room, bars, photographers, cleaning staff, etc. were all friendly and helpful. Cabin was in good shape even though this was an older ship. Crew was always cleaning, polishing, doing maintainence, and it showed in overall condition.

Only entertainment we did was a comedy show and it was good, better than some I've had on longer cruises.

Dining: ate breakfast in MDR when we could and was better than Lido of course. I was impressed with eggs benedict, but my expectations were low. Have had on several other ships and this was the best. We did anytime dining which was slightly awkward compared to past. Sure, no cattle herding at entrance to DR but seemed like we were just getting served and crew was doing the dancing/show stuff which interrupted our service a bit. Overall, wait staff were friendly and great. When we were not even in their section the next day, they remembered our names and said hi. Another slight drawback was food might not have been as 'fresh' as with regular seatings. My prime rib was tasty but seemed to be not sliced soon before serving/overcooked by heatlamp? Made me think it has to be tough to get it right with the anytime dining. Next time, may just go with the cattle.

Good weather on embarkation and day at sea. Capt. did a good job of finding calm seas and sunshine for the sun seekers. Even plenty of dolphins entertained us along the ship.

Ensenada. Soon as we got off ship, started to rain but light. As day went on, began to rain heavy. Spirit was also in port that day so load of passengers was high. Been there several times and decided to just plant at a street bar with cover. Entertaining server kept my lady friends amused. We'll leave the rest of that story alone. On way back, laughing (may have been a bit buzzed) at our getting soaked from rain and bad directions from bar guy to find a bus. Found "Dollar" and Antonio who gave us a ride back to security gate at port, one of the fun parts of the day.

Oveall, ship was in good shape, crew was attentive and friendly, food was good, weather was fun, and the rest was up to us to make it a good trip. Maybe those who are critical of this vessel or crew need to be more realistic?

keiko618's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6E E169

Some minor noise above cabin, probably dining room set up but not bad. Steward Roy was great

keiko618