3. Grand Princess
Background Information - My husband and I are in our early 60's, have cruised 25+ times, have cruised on Carnival,Celebrity,Cunard,Holland America, NCL,Royal Caribbean,& Princess. We flew to London several days early to adjust for jet lag. We took the "tube" to London. We stayed at the Hyatt Churchill for 2 nights. We went to the theater, purchasing half price tickets at Leicester Square. Used the "tube" in London - very easy. Transfer to Southhampton - I purchased bus transportation on-line & we took the bus from Victoria Motorcoach Station to Southhampton. Cost $12.50 pounds for the two of us. (We saw long lines of Princess passagers at the bus station,waiting for their transfer, assume Princess arranged this) In Southhampton, we took a taxi to the ship. Embarkation- Arrived around 2 o'clock - no issues Ship Infor- I found the ship in good shape but it was difficult getting from one end of the ship to the other as the decks were cut up. No real walking deck as previous reviewer mentioned, as you had to walk up & down stairs. Cabin- We had a mini suite with full bathroom. Very nice space. No issues. Service - Excellent Dinning - We did any time dining and never had a problem getting a table for two without reservations. We dined at 8 o'clock or later so we had no problem as most passengers ate earlier. We ate at Crown Grill, had a great steak and it was well worth the $25. Activities- There were many but they were not to our liking. Probably just personal preference. Regarding the ship's tour, it was announced that it would cost $75 per person which we thought was a little excessive. Entertainment - Didn't go to many shows but what we saw were okay. Debarkation - Early on, we received paperwork in our cabin to complete, if we wanted to walk off with our luggage. After submitting it, we received walk off tickets with time. We were at 7am & got there at that time to learn, people were there at 6am. We had to wait for US customs clearance so we were delayed until 7:40am. It was rather chaotic as people were hyped about getting off. Some people had too much luggage to be a walk off. Took cab to airport about 10 minutes away. Very easy. Overall, it was what I expected. There were many older passengers who were very frail. It was a quiet group, not much of a party atmosphere. We met several younger couples and enjoyed their company. It rained the first half of the cruise which wasn't a surprise but I was hoping we would luck out a bit. It was very relaxing and we had a good time.

Transaltantic Crossing

Grand Princess Cruise Review by Micclay

Embarkation- Arrived around 2 o'clock - no issues
Cabin- We had a mini suite with full bathroom. Very nice space. No issues.
Service - Excellent
Entertainment - Didn't go to many shows but what we saw were okay.
Micclay’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Cabin D712
Cabin D712 Mini suite - great having larger bathroom with tub.
  Grand Princess Deck Plans