3. Rhapsody of the Seas
My wife and myself stated our holiday on 13/11/2011 by flying from Albury to Sydney to embark at Circular Quay. The embarkation was done without any fuss and thanks must go to the assistants who were on hand at Circular Quay. We found our cabin (4317) which we were surprised to see didn't have a fridge. It was small (very small shower area)The bathrooms on Princess are larger and they do have fridges in all cabins. The Cabin steward (Jason) was a real pleasure and kept our room in top condition. His towel animals were a treat. Also our thanks must go to Din Din our drink waiter who kept our glasses full and was always respectful of our privacy. The ship was showing some signs of wear but was kept clean at all times. The food was OK but seemed to be much the same at all meals. The live shows were second rate and many passengers passed the same comments. The on deck games were also not of the standard set by Princess Cruises. On Princess the bridge pointed out any things that were going on around the ship (whales etc.)but this didn't happen on "Rhapsody". We were disappointed at being left at a remote area of Brisbane and charged for buses to ferry us into the city. This is not the fault of Royal Caribbean as the Gateway Bridge did not allow enough clearance for Rhapsody to get under. All in all a very good cruise but if I had to vote I would vote Princess 9/10 and Royal Caribbean 7/10 Gerald and Noline Yarrawonga Victoria Australia

New to Royal Caribbean Cruises