3. Enchantment of the Seas
We arrive at the Baltimore by car at approx 1000a.m. At that point they were only allowing vehicles that were dropping off passengers to enter. Finally at approx 1045a.m. the gates were opened and we were officially "on vacation!" Dropping off the lugguage was easy, then drove to the designated parking lot where we paid for parking, locked the doors then headed inside. WITH SEAPASSS and PASSPORT in hand, we entered the terminal quickly. It was still rather early, but the terminal was busy. We only waited in line for about 5 minutes then it was our turn to check in and receive our keycards. The Baltimore terminal is one of the best we have traveled from. They are always friendly...very efficient and orderly. We sat in our designated area and enjoyed a cookie w/coffee (I had water), and chatted with our friends...and making new ones. This is why we love to cruise...you meet great people! We started boarding shortly afterward and everyone heads to deck 9 for the Windjammer to have lunch while waiting for rooms to be available at 1:30. It's now 1:30 and the doors to the deck hallways have now been opened. Our room is midship, right where I like to be. Was a little disappointed that this room was a "connecting" room. This meant that we only had a small chair rather than a small sofa in the room. Otherwise, the room worked out great. One of our friends surprised us with a bag of decorations to help jazz up the room. Our attendant got a big kick out of that! One thing we used to do was put the luggage in the closet which really took up alot of needed space. Now, under the bed they go. Our attendant, Dennis, was a very nice man...very happy to help and did everything he could to make a trip a good one. Something I learned from another cruiser was to leave some goodies on the bed each morning before the attendant would come in. Each day I left something different...a couple pieces of hard candy one day, chocolate the next...and he loved it!! After all, he was working hard to please us, I wanted to make his day a little sweeter! Meals on the Enchantment were good...but there is always room for improvement. Six of us went to Chops one evening...a must do!!! I had the shrimp cocktail and the filet mignon...it was wonderful!! THEN, the red velvet cake (which had to go back to the room with me). One of our friends had the chocolate cake which was awesome. Chops is now $30 per person and worth every cent of it (your gratuity is included!) Our first excursion was in St Thomas. We took a pirate ship named "BONES" out and went snorkling. AWESOME!! huge turtles and gorgeous fish. My favorite excursion was to the most beautiful beach I had ever step foot on in Samana, Cayo Levantodo. The sand was like stepping on marshmellow fluff. I never sat in the beach chair once...I stayed in the water for hours. It was totally awesome! We had another great day in Labadee. Our friends invited us to spend the day with them in an "over-the-water" cabana. The beach was not as nice as the one in Samana...very rocky and there was alot of debris in the water. We hit some rocky weather returning to Baltimore. VERY windy out on the upper deck but other than that it was not a bad ride home at all. Captain Gus kept us well informed of what was ahead of us and what to expect. We arrived back in Baltimore right on time. We decided to take our own luggage off. Good idea? Maybe. They had those passengers taking luggage off lining up around the centrum, ending at the elevators. Those of us getting off the elevators had no where to go, therefore, MANY of us were blocking others who needed/wanted to use the elevators. That 10 minutes of standing, being pushed, or being grumpled at almost took the good edge off of a good cruise. Once we started moving, well, the cruise was still good...but it was over. We soared into the terminal, met w/customs, then out to the car and home. Will we sail again with RCCL and on the Enchantment? Yep, in Jan, Mar, and Jul of 2012!!! Come join us!!

WE LOVE CRUISING!!

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by cruzette

Our first excursion was in St Thomas. We took a pirate ship named "BONES" out

cruzette’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Closest had shelves from top to botton to one side...GREAT asset!!! Cabin 3578 is located midship, halfway between either forward/aft elevators. Hallway was generally quiet. Only problem we encountered were the number of wheelchairs/scooters allowed to park in the hallways. This is an accident waiting to happen! When the ship got bouncy at one point, I fell into one. Should not be allowed...put the wheelchair in the room.
  Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans