Pro's 1 The food was very good with an excellent variety. 2 Friendly helpful staff. 3 Good layout with tiered decks at the stern. 4 Cleanliness and safety are key factors observed in line with the Fred Olsen policy. 5 Entertainment was very good, staff, singers, comedian, show company and choir. 6 Embarkation and disembarkation procedures are well practiced and good. Cons 1 The size of the ship limits the speed and its ability to be stable in moderate sea conditions. 2 At maximum speed the vibration experienced in our cabin and throughout the ship was unacceptable. It made me feel nauseous and my joints ached from the constant vibration. 3 In moderate seas the ship pitched, rolled and shuddered, making movement around the ship difficult especially for people with a disability. 4 Not wheel chair friendly on some decks with narrow corridors and limited access through cabin doorways. 5 Our room 6003 creaked, groaned and shuddered, making it difficult to sleep. (5 out of 11 nights). On day 9 we were given a key to a cabin on deck three which was not used because sea conditions improved. 6 The Neptune lounge is situated below therefore you could not retire until midnight also artists practising in the afternoon prevented one resting during this period. 7 Room above was noisy on occasions resulting in being awakened very early. 8 Fittings in the bathroom were tired and well used some with 90% of the chrome plating missing. 9 The shower base leaked and needed resealing. 10 The Thistle restaurant tends to be noisy which made conversation difficult especially for the hearing impaired. Also the service was not so efficient probably due to reduced staff numbers. 11 Finally we left the last port of call Lisbon early for no apparent reason. No explanation given. Only to proceed through the channel at a snails pace. I hope readers will find the above comments helpful. I have tried be constructive and give a true account of my personal experience

Shake, rattle and roll

Braemar Cruise Review by elcee

Pro's
1 The food was very good with an excellent variety.
2 Friendly helpful staff.
3 Good layout with tiered decks at the stern.
6 Embarkation and disembarkation procedures are well practiced and good.

Cons
7 Room above was noisy on occasions resulting in being awakened very early.
9 The shower base leaked and needed resealing.
elcee’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Twin Inside
Cabin G 6003
At maximum speed the vibration experienced in our cabin and throughout the ship was unacceptable. In moderate seas our room 6003 creaked, groaned and shuddered, making it difficult to sleep. The Neptune lounge is situated below therefore you could not retire until midnight also artists practising in the afternoon prevented one resting during this period. The room above was noisy on occasions resulting in being awakened very early.
  Braemar Deck Plans