• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

seabee22
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Oct 2011
Cabin: Aft-View Extended Balcony

We booked the Cruise on the New CCL Magic over a year ago, as soon as we read that the ship was to be home ported in Galveston, Texas. We booked the Transatlantic Cruise and became part of a very large Roll Call on Cruise Critic Boards. We all were tremendously excited and were all looking forward to a fun filled happy crossing to Galveston.

My wife and I flew to Barcelona with our Aunt and Uncle with great excitement and plans to have a wonderful 16 days on the new ship. We like most others spent the evening before departure in Barcelona, and enjoyed the city(even if it did rain) -

The boarding of the ship on the 28Th was easy, and we were very pleased with the duty free shopping at the terminal, purchased champagne and prepared for our "sail away". Our group had a M&G on the Lido Aft area for the ships departure which was fun and nice to meet each other.( my wife does not drink - so I enjoyed the champagne) ---

Aft-View Extended Balcony

Cabin 8N

Our AFT Extended Balcony cabin was very nice - and I enjoyed the Balcony daily.

Port Reviews

Freeport

W@e went into town one day of the two day stay. It was OK - but due to my wife not feeling well.... we only stayed for a hour or so.

previous reviewnext review