3. Seven Seas Navigator
My husband and I together with another couple went on the 10 day cruise from Seward to Vancouver, returning 7/19. First, let me start with the positives about this experience: The ship is very pretty. Being smaller than other ships we had been in the past, we had some concern that we were going to be "sacrificing" some things in order to go on a more upscale ship. This was not the case. The lounges, dining room and other public areas are beautiful and the "logistics" of the ship's layout works very well. The cabins are just fantastic! We are now spoiled forever after having such a spacious cabin/bathroom and walk-in closet! I don't know how I'll ever go back to Princess and the likes! The staff couldn't have been more gracious and happy to please. This comment applies to pretty much the whole ship, but certain exceptions (too many in our opinion) were noted in the wait staff of the dining rooms, especially the main dining room, Compass Rose. This brings me to the negatives, which are only these two: -quality of the food in the dining areas, especially at night in the Compass Rose rest. was disappointing. Having been previously in several Princess, Celebrity and RCI cruises, our expectations were very high for the Navigator. Sadly, in our opinion, the Navigator fell short in this comparison. - Service at the restaurants, especially at the Compass Rose was spotty and uneven. Sometimes we were assigned waiters that seemed to know their jobs. Most of the times we encountered waiters that seemed to be going through the motions... No real desire to please. Maybe a good strategy would be to try to pinpoint in the first day or two of the cruise a "good table" and ask to be assigned to it, if possible. Another small flaw is the vibration problem that has been mentioned in this board before. At times is very noticeable, especially in the Portofino Restaurant and the Galileo and Vista lounge. It didn't really bother us but we heard a lot of passengers commenting about it. However, regardless of these shortcomings, the positives definitively outweigh the negatives and we would gladly consider cruising on the Navigator again in the future.

Seven Seas Navigator

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by cruiseluv

• Sail Date: December 1899
  • Destination:
First, let me start with the positives about this experience:

This brings me to the negatives, which are only these two:

cruiseluv’s Full Rating Summary