3. Celebrity Solstice
Embarkation: There had been noro epidemic on prior cruise so our embarkation was later than normally. However when we arrived to pier around 13:00 we got to ship right away after check in. We got cabins 17:30. We were really tired after waiting so long but ofcourse it is better to be on clean ship so can't give any minus points for that. Public rooms: Very clean and well kept. Cabin: Cabin was really nice and our stateroom attendant worked well. However he had forget to place some things in cabin and we had to go to guest relations couple of times. That is why I am giving only 4 points. Celebrity Life: There was alot of all kind activities. However customer demographics was quite high on this cruise and it showed on program. Culinary activities and Hot glass show were really nice. Scrap booking, psycheledelic 60s parties, ballroom dancing etc. those didn't appeal to us at all. I was expecting for more modern activities and I think that Celebrity needs to do some changes to get younger customers. Couple really small things irritated me really much on the cruise. There were 55 nationalities on board and also lot of different religions. I can't understand why they had rememberance day ceremony and sabbath service on board. I think cruise line should be neutral for all national festitivies and religions. Dining: We tried room service, buffet, main dining room and special restaurants. Room service worked well and was always on time. Food was also hot which was nice. Buffet was quite chaotic. Salads were nice but food quality otherwise wasn't really high. Main dining room mainly served good food and also service was great. There were couple too pushy waiters providing their suggestions and repeating their names like parrots to be remembered. Menu's didn't seem to have any theme. I would like to have some sort of regional theme menu for every night. Couple of time we had to return the food to kitchen because it was uneatable (cooked over done). They also made couple mistakes with our beverage package and charged extra two times for both of us. Bistro on five: Was okey, not sure if it was actually worth trying. Murano: We had really high expectations and those were not met. Lobster was really great - else was average or a bit above. Tuscan Grille: We expected less but food was really nice. Portions were a bit too big but food was tasty and prepared well. Silk Harvest: Best resturant on the Solstice. Food was really really good and service perfect. We actually went there twice because liked it so much. Can redommend. Overall I would give 4 points but Murano was so big disappoinment that will give dining 3 points overall. They shouldn't also happen any billing mistakes. Entertainment: I think entertainment was focused for older demographics and that's why it was a bit miss for us. Steve Rawlings was really good and so was the Danish illusionist Martin Brock. We only went for few show's because weren't so interested in motown music or violinist. Other entertainers were Top Notch band, guitarist, accapella group and classic music trio. Top Notch was okey but everything else was for older croud again. Service: I think service was perfect till last morning. There was one of cruise director's staff on disembarkation waiting room and he was really rude to some people. He made remarks to people behind their back like "Well you are group 1 and you even shouldn't be here" etc. He could have behaved better. Shore excursions: Celebrity excursions were well done and guides were mainly good. In Athens we had worst guide ever. She propably was pretty new on guiding and also let some souvenir salesman inside our bus when leaving from port. That was weird experience. On Orvieto excursion food was terrible and on Chania vinyard visit we decided to skip the food because there was so much flies flying around in the open kitchen area where they had prepared the food. Rates: I think prices were okey. They weren't surely cheap but not expensive either. I think cruise experience was a quite good value on money spent.

Solstice - could be perfect with some fine tuning

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by JezzaC

Public rooms: Very clean and well kept.

Bistro on five: Was okey, not sure if it was actually worth trying.

JezzaC’s Full Rating Summary