3. Norwegian Epic
This was our first cruise with NCL and we were very disappointed. The EPIC is a very big ship, but I did not find a quiet place there at all. There is a crowd everywhere, especially in all public areas and near by elevators. The cigarette smoke on the six floor is in every corner, because of the BIG casino. And you have to walk through it to see the show. There is no other way to get to the entertainment areas. Being "freestyle," that means to be able to eat whenever and wherever we wanted, is a good idea. However, the food was good (not great) in the main restaurant, and below average in the bars and grills. The Garden Cafe (buffet) was our best choice. The entertainment was not good at all. Blue Man Group was OK ( funny). "Legends in Concert" was awful. Spanish Ballet dancers were good, but the room was not suitable for this type of performance. The only good show was the "Cirque Dinner Show", but we paid extra for it. Live music on the ship was always too loud, that we could not talk to each other in the lounges, sitting far enough from the performers. I like the spa, the only quite place on the ship, except my cabin, but ... I paid extra $100 to use it.

Epic thumbs down