3. Vision of the Seas
We booked this cruise about a year out because it had 3 areas we really wanted to see: Istanbul, Egypt and Israel. Unfortunately due to the "Arab Spring" Egypt was dropped as a port so we got one more port in Greece and they added an overnight in Israel. A plus was that due to the unrest in the region the price of our cruise kept dropping and we ended up with a really good deal, almost a quarter of what it was originally priced. I was getting a really hard time from on online travel agent in answering emails, calling me back or getting the price reductions so I ended up cancelling with them and rebooking with my regular online agency. Our fellow passengers were a good mix, very few children and seemed like us to be intent on exploring the ports and not partying the night away. Service overall was excellent, always smiling and room steward was great. Ship was in good condition, well maintained. Food was good, not great, it would have been nice if we could of have had some ethinc/ cultural foods served while in the area, we were in the eastern med after all, where were the Turkish and Greek specialties??? We were disappointed in the lack of fruits and fresh baked products too. If I have any complaint it is in the variety of foods offered, it should have been much more varied. What was served was well prepared and tasty and the dining room/windjammer staff were first class all around. The ports were fantastic, embarkation and disembark were fast and easy, all the crew knew there jobs and performed them well, the whole cruise came off very well and I know personally how hard it is to make something like this happen so smoothly that you don't even notice. We enjoyed our RCI cruise and wouldn't hesitate to sail with them again.

Eastern Med/Holyland

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by Deckhandoug

We enjoyed our RCI cruise and wouldn't hesitate to sail with them again.
Deckhandoug’s Full Rating Summary