3. Carnival Miracle
We are home from our 9 day Carnival Cruise, and had a horrible time! Cruisers beware. Carnival employees are thieves. Maybe not all of them, but it only takes one. We had all our valuables,(Kindle, camera, video camera, Ipod, 4 sets of speakers, (2 Bose)) and all of my cash stolen by their cleanup crew on one of their privately owned islands. We actually came home with less stuff than we took. Carnival is doing nothing to help us. We want to offer a reward for the safe return of our items, but Carnival will not send an email to the island where the items were stolen to offer a reward. Only 30 people live on this island, and they all work for Carnival. Other than having our items stolen, there were other issues with our cruise as well. Communication was terrible. No one knew what was going on with any activities that were not listed on the "Fun Pass" daily news letter. Every day, people were walking around asking other cruisers if they knew about this or that activity, or times. Unorganized dining area. While the main dining room was wonderful, the Lido deck dining experience was not so good. They always seemed to run out of things like trays, bowls, plates, and at the end of the cruise, they ran out of lots of food items. Drink recipes changed throughout the ship. You would pay 10.00 for a drink that was a really good drink, then go to another bar on the ship, order the same drink, and it was totally different, and not in a good way. This is the first Carnival trip we have taken where I felt like I was being charged for everything. If they could have found a way to charge us for breathing their air, they would have. We had to pay 4.00 for a bottle of water that was in our room. They told us not the drink the tap water, so we had to pay for their bottled water. We never had to do that before. $35.00 per person for a tour of the ship!~ Seriously? $70.00 a couple for a tour of the ship. The most of the ship was cold all the time. I think they must have had the temperature set at about 65-66. Our room was nice. We have no complaints at all about the room, ( except the temperature) We do not have much good to say about this horrible experience. I just want to warn people who may be thinking of traveling with Carnival that they do employ thieves, and they do nothing but apologize about things being stolen. Their apology makes me feel so much better. Our trip consisted of 3 ports of call. 1 Half Moon Cay ( private island owned by Carnival) There was a very nice beach, restrooms, and a place to eat. And at least one thief! 2, Key West Florida for Fantasy Fest. This was by far the best part of the trip! Fantasy Fest was wonderful! 3, Grand Turk was our last port of call. There is no need to go to this island. There is nothing there. We took a $20.00 ten minute drive to "down town" to find 4 shacks with women who literally grabbed me when I walked in the door and begged me to buy something from them. So, we spent $40.00 ( round trip)to go see 4 shacks full of trinkets. I know Carnival has no control over this, but it just added to the overall bad experience.

Please read this before you book a Carnival cruise!

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by eispec

Their apology makes me feel so much better.

Our trip consisted of 3 ports of call.
eispec’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Our room was great. We did not have a balcony. Our room was extremely quiet. Never heard any of our neighbors. It was cold though during the day, and warm at night. Still disappointed that we had to pay for water in our rooms.
  Carnival Miracle Deck Plans